Garmin Zumo forum

Started by Dusty ST, Saturday, 07 July 2018, 01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty ST

There was at least one person form here who was on www.zumoforums.com which has now closed as the owner retired.
A new forum has been started www.zumouserforums.co.uk) with a number of the original members, and is pretty good for help and guidance using Garmin's bike sat nav.
'02 GSX1400 K2
'08 1050 Sprint ST (RIP :( )
'17 1050 Tiger Sport

KiwiCol

Thanks for that Dusty, may have a look in.  I've got a Zumo 350.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

KiwiCol

Just signed up & had a look around.  Our forum here appears to me anyway, much easier to read & more 'user friendly'

I posted a "Hello" in the newbie section & I get a message that my post will only be shown once it's been approved by one of the mods?  How odd. If we had that sort of restriction here, it wouldn't work at all. The mods would be forever vetting posts & everything would be delayed / slowed down.

I've signed on as a member, so I'll look in again later & see if my hello post made the cut to be displayed

ARH

Maybe they know what you're like col?  I mean,  you've posted some pretty dodgy stuff on here!  whistling:

KiwiCol

Maaaate   Whaddya sayin?  :whistling:  You're confusing me with Stoli, he's the deviant one. :happy1:

ARH

Quote from: KiwiCol on Saturday, 07 July  2018, 05:31 AM
Maaaate   Whaddya sayin?  :whistling:  You're confusing me with Stoli, he's the deviant one. :happy1:

Naaaah..... he's just colourful  :rofl2:

KiwiCol

KiwiCol

Well, seems I passed inspection & my post to the Zumo forum was allowed. Rynglieder has a  Zumo, maybe he should enlist as well, might find out how to make it do what he wants instead.

@Rynglieder

Where are ya Stoli?  M.I.A. again.

@Stolichnaya

Rynglieder

Only just noticed this - thanks gents.

I've just signed up (and been admitted) as well.

I'm just trying to set routes for next month's big trip and getting completely hacked off again, hopefully they can steer me trough it.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Rynglieder on Tuesday, 21 August  2018, 04:11 AM

I'm just trying to set routes for next month's big trip and getting completely hacked off again, hopefully they can steer me trough it.

@Rynglieder - I'm using MyRoute to set my routes up - found after that, that if I download them as gpx 1.0 files, they will upload ok to a Garmin Zumo and the later TomTom's giving waypoints etc.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Rynglieder

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Tuesday, 21 August  2018, 07:10 AM
Quote from: Rynglieder on Tuesday, 21 August  2018, 04:11 AM

@Rynglieder - I'm using MyRoute to set my routes up - found after that, that if I download them as gpx 1.0 files, they will upload ok to a Garmin Zumo and the later TomTom's giving waypoints etc.

I think that is the modern version of "Tyre" (they keep trying to sell it to me!), perhaps I'll take a look at the free version if you are having sucess.

At the moment I am using Tyre to set up the routes and export directly to the Zumo.

I am then importing from the Zumo to tidy them up in Garmin Base Camp and then exporting back to the unit.

Of the current trip day 1 is OK, but I am already stuck on Day 2. It is a straight run across the coast of northern Spain, both Tyre and Base Camp are showing the route at 185 miles but the Zumo unit its self is showing 327 miles and seems to be throwing in a couple of large detours into the Picos de Europa :angry:

gsxbarmy

I only use the free version, works just fine  :onya:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Speedy1959

I was thinking of a "Travel Sextant" to put under my saddle.

Dusty ST

Quote from: Rynglieder on Wednesday, 22 August  2018, 04:44 AM

At the moment I am using Tyre to set up the routes and export directly to the Zumo.

I am then importing from the Zumo to tidy them up in Garmin Base Camp and then exporting back to the unit.

Of the current trip day 1 is OK, but I am already stuck on Day 2. It is a straight run across the coast of northern Spain, both Tyre and Base Camp are showing the route at 185 miles but the Zumo unit its self is showing 327 miles and seems to be throwing in a couple of large detours into the Picos de Europa :angry:

I do similar with all my Euro trips, except using MyRoute, which ensures I avoid M-ways, Dual Carriageways and dirt tracks.
Big differences in mileage are usually down to putting a waypoint or two on the wrong side of a M-way or DC.
'02 GSX1400 K2
'08 1050 Sprint ST (RIP :( )
'17 1050 Tiger Sport

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk