News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

next bike

Started by zorba, Wednesday, 02 May 2018, 04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweaty

Now you have made me go back & have another look  :facepalm: & it is debatable KF.

Kiwifruit

Have another look at that MT09 Sweaty.....its a nice bike, make you feel better :drool:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Speedy1959

Have to admit I have saved the Yamaha image to my phone for reference . . . .
Regular reference !!!

Red Biker

It's just for balance cols, this is my fav girl bike combo, certainly looks like it has some pulling power!  :salute:

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

KiwiCol

Definitely better than your last effort Red,  -  but,   it's a Hardly FFS!
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

I thought it was a pedal bike........

Sadly Red Matlock is now on the list of places to avoid........at all costs !!

zorba

Right you lot you've had your fun with the pics ;) now back on track with thread.What's the reliability like for fuel injection? if i go with the GSX  can't afford high repair bills as oppose to a carb which I could do myself.

KiwiCol

The injectors don't often need attention, but a full set recondition isn't expensive & wouldn't need to be done again for many thousands of miles.  Barmy knows who does the recon on them & how much it costs.     Bit of injector clean through the fuel helps keep them good, as does the filter mods.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Andre

I find it simple to deal with the EFI and it is very reliable. All can be done by yourself.

The throttle valves need to be checked if synchronization is necessary  (just like the carbs) about every 12000 km (according to maintenance schedule). I did it last year and plan to do it again soon. The throttle position sensors  (TPS, STPS) need to be checked (with multimeter) if you feel like it. If I recall correctly, the injector guys that Barmy recommends advice to have them cleaned every 50000 km (cost about 60 pounds).

Depending on changes to engine and exhaust system you may need to adjust A/F ratios. That can get expensive as you need a Power Commander, Dyno-run and or Autotune. A bit cheaper but more coarse with a yoshi-box type thingy (about 300 € to own).

Kiwifruit

57,000kms on the 1400 with no issues, runs lovely. I just keep fresh oil in it and a bit of general maintainence.
Buy a nice GSX1400 and get on with enjoying it.
I'm sure you won't regret it.
:onya:

zorba

Cheers fellas  for all the input so far :onya:

Tony Nitrous

Long ago I was a bit cautious of injection, I had similar thoughts that I couldn't work on it or fix it like carbs.

Now I run 3 injected bikes and 2 with carbs. The injected bikes give me a lot less dramas and aren't a big deal to work on or get fixed.

Red Biker

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 13 May  2018, 05:09 AM
Definitely better than your last effort Red,  -  but,   it's a Hardly FFS!

Hardly is right Col  :rofl2:
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk