Clean Air Directive France - Read & Apply if Touring In France

Started by Stolichnaya, Friday, 13 April 2018, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARH

Grumpy or not..... cultural diversity is what makes this planet we all share, tick.  Sorry if this is being a bit outspoken, but I have low tolerance for bigotry of any kind.   If you really want to see grumpy... talk to a Viennese resident when the tram is 1 minute late... they bring grumpiness to a whole new level that honestly makes me smile...

Live and let live guys... live and let live.  :cheers:

Hooli

I developed that attitude after a few visits across the channel. I've given up with them now so the only thing I stop for in frogshire is petrol so I can get out the place ASAP.

Mister Fishfinger

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 20 June  2018, 07:47 AM
I developed that attitude after a few visits across the channel. I've given up with them now so the only thing I stop for in frogshire is petrol so I can get out the place ASAP.

A couple of years back we were on holiday in France, two families so there were eight of us. We went out to a bar/restaurant one night and had a great time, but we couldn't get a taxi home due to the late hour and the rural location.

Seeing our situation, the bar owner rounded up a bunch of customers and they took us all home in a convoy of 3 cars. It was miles out of their way I'm sure, but nobody seemed to mind at all. I was really touched by their hospitality and they wouldn't even accept petrol money.

I travel a lot and to be honest I find there are good and bad people wherever you go.

Hooli

lil4399

Quote from: Mister Fishfinger on Wednesday, 20 June  2018, 07:06 PM
Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 20 June  2018, 07:47 AM

A couple of years back we were on holiday in France, two families so there were eight of us. We went out to a bar/restaurant one night and had a great time, but we couldn't get a taxi home due to the late hour and the rural location.

Seeing our situation, the bar owner rounded up a bunch of customers and they took us all home in a convoy of 3 cars. It was miles out of their way I'm sure, but nobody seemed to mind at all. I was really touched by their hospitality and they wouldn't even accept petrol money.

I travel a lot and to be honest I find there are good and bad people wherever you go.

I have lived here for 3 years, for decades before that always had a summer and winter holiday here and only once have I met a French Muppet, hence my choice to be retired here. Don't get me wrong, I meet or see idiots quite often, all British who refer to themselves as "ex pats" not immigrants like the rest of us. Does this mean ALL Brits everywhere are idiots? It would be easy to take that view but having lived and worked in the UK I know some wonderful Brits so like you Fishy, I accept there are good and bad everywhere.  :onya:
If you are going to run out of fuel, do it in your garage.

It's only a short walk to the kettle.

Hooli

lil4399

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 20 June  2018, 07:41 PM
TBH most Brits abroad are idiots...

Well, everyone is entitled to an opinion.   :facepalm:

I'll reserve mine for the sake of the forum.
If you are going to run out of fuel, do it in your garage.

It's only a short walk to the kettle.

gsxbarmy

Ok, I'm now locking this topic, I think enough has been said
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk