Suitable Engine Oils

Started by VladTepes, Monday, 23 January 2017, 10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T 24

14 is not so exacting for oils. Almost every oil will work if it works with the clutch.

Mick_J

Quote from: seth on Monday, 24 June  2019, 08:21 AM
@Fula28 nice first post.
I've done over 100000 miles on different gsx1400's using halfords oil with no I'll effects ( ( i was told a long while ago that Halfords oil is silkoene oil in there branded bottles) but that's just my experience.

Nice heads up on the cheaper oil as Halfords oil for motorbikes is now up to £32 for 5 litres
:cheers:

Halfords oil is deffo Comma.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

Notty

Quote from: grog on Monday, 24 June  2019, 07:35 PM
What is Comma?
After a full stop ! ! It's a brand selling automotive products  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

Thanks blokes. Guess i couldve Googled but thought it was another UK word i didnt understand.

seth

As said before our engines need a regular good quality/high spec semi-synthetic oil chanced at 4000 miles .
That's mainly due to the ceramic coating on the barrels .
They could probably go double that between services if they had metal liners in the barrels .
Due to this the oil is well within it's working life when it's changed and why I don't bother with very expensive branded oils and never fully synthetic as our motors weren't designed to use it .

Finally I think the picture shows what people think about oil .
Each to thier own but as long as it's not rubbish and is changed regularly your motor will be ok .
Thanks  :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Kiwifruit

Speedy might be using some Banana flavoured 15/40 super lube. :stir:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Speedy1959

If I remember correctly the last time I serviced Sophie (Ahem) I used Halfords semi synthetic oil, but cant remember...
Shes now done 38,670 miles..Will "Do" her again when she hits 40k

P.S I wish I hadn't mentioned chain lube..

KiwiCol

P.S I wish I hadn't mentioned chain lube..

Banana flavored, at that!   :happy1:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Sweaty

Speedy, you get Sophie back & now all you can talk about is Banana Lube, Will "Do" her again etc etc  :happy1: You need to calm down mate  :rofl2:

KiwiCol

The Banana lube is probably for the exhaust, remember he widened it . . . :whistling: :lol:

Speedy1959

Quote from: KiwiCol on Wednesday, 26 June  2019, 03:38 PM
The Banana lube is probably for the exhaust, remember he widened it . . . :whistling: :lol:

Now where did I put the "Reduction kit" for the exhaust !!
:embarassed:

KiwiCol

Is Bob a bit bigger than you Si?

SA14

Quote from: grog on Friday, 18 August  2017, 07:30 PM
...i use ryco rmz102 filter and synnex 3000 gulf western. around $45 for a change. repco have both...

Just followed this advice thanks Groggo. Changing oil and filter this weekend (after 500km on the Castrol Power 1 4T). Should be nice and clean now after sitting for 5 years. Also doing a brake and clutch flush and they had a 25% off all tools sale so...bought some cool unnecessary tools too. 2 different hammers (dead blow and two headed rubber/plastic - is it possible to have too many types of hammers?) and a new set of...well you get the picture.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk