News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxbarmy

I'm just finding it strange that Tony even has/considers/uses panniers!
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Wednesday, 24 July  2019, 06:11 PM
I'm just finding it strange that Tony even has/considers/uses panniers!

I might take a packed lunch to work one day....  :whistling:

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

ouch

Domino Q&A Throttle and Brembo master cylinder

ouch

Nearly there couple more mods to make

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

ouch

And today i fitted the 2nd set of R1M TYRES I PAID £40 for done about 60miles ,
The 200 rear fits fine but will have to sort hugger out as it's rubbing ,
How will handle with the 200 rear ? I'll post after my track day next week  :onya:

Hooli

I, unusually for me, went for a ride today. I stayed dry for most of it but got caught in a massive downpour just as my 14 ticked over 134k, it didn't last long though so I got home almost dry.

I also got home itching like hell, turns out I had a t-shirt full of thunder flies! bloody things.

DTTW

ouch

Quote from: DTTW on Monday, 29 July  2019, 04:08 AM
@ouch how's that master cylinder working for you?

It's great , first impressions after short ride with lots of hard braking are , the lever feels softer and hence there's more feedback, travel is the same at standstill but on the road requires far less effort to achieve the same braking distances, I'm guilty of being a hard on the brakes kinda guy, and i am quietly confident the gsx will slip past a few sports bikes on the brakes when i do a track day next week  :onya:

northern

Replaced rear tire - new Michelin Road
This time I went for 50 profile, insetaed of 55 I had always before. Want to give a try - 50 is more flat, and I wonder how it will wear over the time.

Ride ~120km - feels OK. because it's new, wasn't leaning to deep, but I did not notice any major performance differences regarding 55 profile.

Front tire, will replaced also, but it take me so much time and sweat to replace rear tire, so I decided to do it another day.

there is how rear Michelin Pilot Road 4 looks like after 16249km:

Andre

Northern, looking forward to your second engine build  :)

northern

Quote from: Andre on Monday, 29 July  2019, 07:53 AM
Northern, looking forward to your second engine build  :)
I'm do not know, when I will start it... Not putting question if I start it... Yet 🙂
I investigate a little, an find out there is nobody in my country, who could big-bore and sleeve cylinder block. Meaning, I would need to order this work from Sweden or Filnland. And those countries ain't cheap...
So, I haven't decided what to do yet.

And also - I'm lazy 🙂
Hardest thing is to START!

DTTW

Quote from: ouch on Monday, 29 July  2019, 06:10 AM
Quote from: DTTW on Monday, 29 July  2019, 04:08 AM
@ouch how's that master cylinder working for you?

It's great , first impressions after short ride with lots of hard braking are , the lever feels softer and hence there's more feedback, travel is the same at standstill but on the road requires far less effort to achieve the same braking distances, I'm guilty of being a hard on the brakes kinda guy, and i am quietly confident the gsx will slip past a few sports bikes on the brakes when i do a track day next week  :onya:

Sounds great! Which M/C is that, I'm also looking in upgrading?  :cheers:

Tony Nitrous

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk