Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

Yeah it did happen quickly, but I prefer a tyre that lasts to the end unlike the PR4s which got worse from day 1.

I'm running a ST front & GT rear, the sharper ST profile & stickier rubber means it turns in quicker & has got rid of the understeer my 14 suffered for years. It must have worked a for the first time in half a decade I've not no chicken strips on the rear.

Snapey

I thought it was about time to start on a Honda CL350 I've had sitting around for a while so yesterday it was a quick sand blast & prime of the frame & what bolts to it then today a nice shade of 2 pack black.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

mlivkovich

What I did to my bike today is I towed it back home. I crashed it last night on 150km trip. Night, rain and slippery road damaged from heavy trucks plus great 14's torque...:imrgreen:

Wife and I slided on road for about 20 meters, not a scratch! :boogie2:
Bike stopped cca 40 meters down the road. We were very lucky! :boogie:

northern

Speedy1959

Very glad to hear you and your wife are unhurt..
Sorry to hear about your bike though..
S.

Will14

Today I took the bike for MOT & she passed with flying colors, I don't use the local bike shops for MOT but my local independent good old fashioned were here to help garage, the owner is a biker himself so always gives a proper going over for that extra piece of mind & should a bulb pop on the way to the test or if minor adjustments are required such as headlight level then they are done there and then with no extra charges - well worth giving a few quid extra for the lads coffee fund   

Andre

I am glad you two are unhurt. Hope your bike is fixed soon.

Will14

One of the garage owners little projects

Andre

Saw a diesel bike the other day up close. Not nearly as fine looking as this.

KiwiCol

Quote from: mlivkovich on Sunday, 08 September  2019, 05:14 AM
What I did to my bike today is I towed it back home. I crashed it last night on 150km trip. Night, rain and slippery road damaged from heavy trucks plus great 14's torque...:imrgreen:

Wife and I slided on road for about 20 meters, not a scratch! :boogie2:
Bike stopped cca 40 meters down the road. We were very lucky! :boogie:

Glad you & your wife came through without a scratch, reckon there'll be some big bruising to come though.  The bike doesn't seem to have come out of it so lightly.  Hope it's not too extensive / expensive & she lives again.  Sad to see them busted like that.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

Quote from: Will14 on Sunday, 08 September  2019, 05:46 AM
Today I took the bike for MOT & she passed with flying colors, I don't use the local bike shops for MOT but my local independent good old fashioned were here to help garage, the owner is a biker himself so always gives a proper going over for that extra piece of mind & should a bulb pop on the way to the test or if minor adjustments are required such as headlight level then they are done there and then with no extra charges - well worth giving a few quid extra for the lads coffee fund

I can hardly recall last time I saw another Y reg one, what frame number is it? I've never seen one earlier than mine no246.

Andre

@Hooli In a German forum there is one with frame number 156. It was first registered in England.

Will14

Quote from: Hooli on Sunday, 08 September  2019, 06:27 AM
Quote from: Will14 on Sunday, 08 September  2019, 05:46 AM

I can hardly recall last time I saw another Y reg one, what frame number is it? I've never seen one earlier than mine no246.

Just been into the garage to check and it seems that I have the slightly elder sibling, 00126, just need to find some bloody time to use it now!

Hooli

Blimey, I'd started to think I had the oldest one around! I've had it 12 years & not heard of an earlier one.

Bob

I had a July 2001 Y reg, I thought it was 130,
Sept 2001, 51 reg no331
& Aug 2002 02 reg no570

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk