News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

New bike / Next bike. Poor options.

Started by Tony Nitrous, Sunday, 22 October 2017, 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick_J

MT10 is a great bike, I've tried a couple and like them but I need a bike to carry a pillion and the yam can't cut it (seat to small and pegs too high), even my Ducati has a better pillion set up.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

Just update my mates MT10. Have fitted tail tidy, bar end mirrors. Akra link pipe. Had his standard suspension set to his weight by suspension guru, same weight as me by chance. Front pads to be changed, really not the best brakes but opinion is pads will fix. Agree not a pillion type bike. Is booked for a dyno set up. With suspension done and Akra link, much better than stock, i mean than my last ride. My next ride should be set perfect. I find the brakes very good but nowhere near Diavel. As a ride, just brilliant, smooth, powerfull, turns so nice. I love that bike.I also love my 14 but Diavel is a love/hate situation. Sorry to bore you blokes with my rants.   

Tony Nitrous

Grog, I have an interest in a lot of bikes.

Even the ones that really don't suit me and I'd never buy.

Your reviews on the MT v 14 v Diavel are quite interesting,
something I do like about this forum is it's certainly 1400 based, but open minded enough to discuss other makes and models.

KiwiCol

Same Tony.  I like reading your comparisons Grog.  It helps steer us lesser beings in the right direction should we be looking at another bike.  Keep 'em coming Grog.   :onya: :cheers:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

New 2019 SE+ colours arrived in Canada.

I think I preferred the old model with lots more green.

Still the best bike I can find, just struggling not to choke on the price.

Should be in AU in the next few weeks.

Tony Nitrous

A friend of a friend / local owner who I've spoken to a few times.

Derestricted, air filter, ZX10R pipe, race can, dyno time, not sure if he's done the 'charger gears or anything else...

Tony Nitrous

For old blokes with knackered old bones and an unhealthy obsession with Renthals, ABM now do a top yoke conversion...

grog

Tony, really sounds like you want H2, just get one. Im prob lot older/ slower, not a lot i like. H2 for me, just wasted on me. I really like MT10, just a nice bike.  My 14 will always stay but wouldnt mind a 2nd. Thinking i wouldnt mind a challenge, something that is cruiser, needs attention often, i am a mechanic after all. Way back we kept old dungers going. Royal Enfield new twin Interceptor. Quite like them. Am i stupid, sound like fun

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 03 March  2019, 05:25 PM
Tony, really sounds like you want H2, just get one.

Yeah, I'm pretty keen. The model I want, the SE+, hasn't hit the showrooms yet, should in the next few weeks, then there's the price. Much as I do like it I'm not sure I'd get much more pleasure from actually riding it than a new Busa at half the price. 

It might be my last new bike as I want to do more with older Suzuki's when I retire.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk