News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Del

Got mine booked in for MOT today - washed cleaned and  had a good look over last night fingers crossed me mate is in a good mood
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Del

Quote from: Del on Wednesday, 17 July  2019, 09:48 PM
Got mine booked in for MOT today - washed cleaned and  had a good look over last night fingers crossed me mate is in a good mood

And it passed - the tea wasn't too shabby either  :onya:
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

VladTepes

@DDTW I was thinking of putting one in sometime too, good idea for location.  :onya:
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol

Today I fitted the rear SS brake line & bled up - both sides. Swapped side panels back & took the Yoshi end can off & put the Delkevic on. Ordered a new battery for the black, think I'm going to put it back on the road - get it re-registered.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Bob

Went on a memorial bike ride for a young guy who was in my garage 2 weeks before he was brutally murdered by 3 wankers, weather wasn't great but he got a superb turnout and there was tears from some of the crowd that lined the streets, quite emotional  :cry2:

Snapey

I spent another four hours looking for the short in the CL450 that still alludes me and again attempted to get a good 2 pack clear coat finish which also alludes me. It seems what ever I touch these days turns to shit so I'm not a happy camper ATM.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

KiwiCol

Quote from: Snapey on Sunday, 21 July  2019, 04:23 AM
I spent another four hours looking for the short in the CL450 that still alludes me and again attempted to get a good 2 pack clear coat finish which also alludes me. It seems what ever I touch these days turns to shit so I'm not a happy camper ATM.
I know you've checked all the wiring, but it could be the starter motor - inside.  Maybe remove it & test it on a bench that it's ok. There's a dead short somewhere so just considering odd ball alternatives, and a short inside the starter or starter wiring would do it.

@Snapey

Snapey

I've stripped & re-taped every loom Col & checked every wire for continuity & if there's a short from one wire at a time to all other wires so I can say there's no short in the wiring. ATM the meter goes off when I connect the neutral light but I know that's OK so about the only other thing to check there is the switch ... which I've checked before & found OK.

I'll try the starter motor again but I know it works OK. Before that I'll connect everything as I found a fault with the cut out switch. I live in hope. :onya:

Snapey

Over the last month I must have checked the cut out switch 20 times with good results but today's readings were different. The switch had been damaged & had what appeared to be a dry solder joint so instead of attempting a fix I by-passed it all together.

So with all wires connected and the fuse still intact it runs for the first time in about 6 weeks. Fingers crossed that it's now sorted.

KiwiCol

Got the ba##ard in the end eh Pete, good on ya mate.

Mick_J

Well done Snapey, seems like your persistence has paid off, hope that's it sorted.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

ouch

Today i fitted set of ultra low renthal's and on my test ride showed an xjr13 how well the 14's go  :whistling:

Sweaty

Great to hear Pete, hope that's the end of that frustrating bugger :onya:

Tony Nitrous

I failed to resist some unnecessary bling and changed the plain black luggage trim to colour coded green.

KiwiCol

That sets it of just nice Tony, reckon they should have had them on in the first place.  :drool: :onya:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk