News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

New bike / Next bike. Poor options.

Started by Tony Nitrous, Sunday, 22 October 2017, 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 31 January  2019, 06:57 PM
Tony Nitrous, youve prob seen this but i thought a great option for your new bike. Brand new ride away. 15 1/2 k, mods are 13k. Would be unreal bike, cheaper than H2. And its a Suzuki. Just a thought, it sounds like awesome machine. https://www.bikesales.com.au/editorial/details/suzuki-gsx-s1200-review-58167/

Yes. I've had my eye on the PTR conversion for a while. It's interesting and would certainly be fun. Cheaper than the SX but doesn't really do much better other than being naked and a Suzuki. The GSX-S is a pretty basic budget naked bike where the SX is a very clever higher performance sports tourer, luggage, cruise control, more horsepower, bigger tank, healing paint, clever ABS etc etc and the SX can do it with a quiet legal pipe that a GSX-S1200 can't.

I would like a PTR  GSX-S, I've been drooling over them for ages, I know 2 folk with PTR's GSX1400's (1620cc) and I've always wanted one of his big bores, he does a Busa and B-King ones too, but I don't see it as a match for a H2 other than price.

I still have a few weeks to decide.

grog

Tony, ive seached the PTR 1600 for 14. No real info. How much is price, performance , dyno etc. How do your mates rate the bigger motor?

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 31 January  2019, 08:28 PM
Tony, ive seached the PTR 1600 for 14. No real info. How much is price, performance , dyno etc. How do your mates rate the bigger motor?

One had the bike on loan that did the rounds for RAPID magazine feature / road tests etc.

The other one bought a wreck and found out it had a 1600 kit on it !
It's now the Bullfrog dragbike. A tribute bike to a 14 owner in another group who passed away.  I've heard good feedback. 

https://www.ptr.com.au/engine-packages/

VladTepes

@Globalrider

Stan,

Sorry to break it to you, but ...

Quote from: Globalrider on Sunday, 27 January  2019, 01:28 PM
I was looking for a new GSX1400 but sadly I'm the only one in North America Canada with one a 2003! :rolleyes:
:hat:
Stan

Yours is not the only 1400 in North America.
I was contacted by someone in the yoo ess ay who has one in Kansas.
I pointed him our way so hopefully we'll see him here.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Tony Nitrous

There was an early 14 in Canada, it was in a YouTube clip of it being road tested.
They were testing it as a potential import to see how the public and press reacted.
Not sure if it was returned or still there. It was a few years back.

grog

Mate at work looking for new bike. Was interested to buy GSX s 1000, then get the mods done PTR. Rang Suxuki today, none available for sale or test ride in Oz. Can that be right, they said no idea when new stock arriving. Not a good answer i thought. I bet he shows at work Monday with new something else. Suzuki just not doing things quite right at present. Kawa, Ducati, Triumph all have test and purchase bikes in stock. Annoys me.

KiwiCol

I agree Grog, that's piss poor on their part. It's not like Aussie is a small place . . .
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: KiwiCol on Friday, 01 February  2019, 07:08 PM
I agree Grog, that's piss poor on their part. It's not like Aussie is a small place . . .

Still no 2019 Hayabusa, despite being told by Suzuki Australia "watch this space for exciting news".... about the arrival of the same old bike with a different fairing sticker.

I know Suzuki were struggling, the US car division was declared bankrupt, but I thought the return to MotoGP was a sign of them springing back, but their current line up is woeful.

I'm starting to think 1980 to 2008 are my Suzuki years.

grog

what annoys me is i had workmate sold on gsx1000, PTR mods were within his budget, 28g was cost. he agreed better value than same sort of bucks for stock european, which he then would spend more on. wouldve been a superb bike the gsx. none around, he wants new. potential buyer, not now. very bad suxuki.ill bet he shows up with monster 1200, imagine his spends then. Zard on Diavel in my shed was 3g.

Mick_J

Quote from: grog on Friday, 01 February  2019, 07:45 PM
what annoys me is i had workmate sold on gsx1000, PTR mods were within his budget, 28g was cost. he agreed better value than same sort of bucks for stock european, which he then would spend more on. wouldve been a superb bike the gsx. none around, he wants new. potential buyer, not now. very bad suxuki.ill bet he shows up with monster 1200, imagine his spends then. Zard on Diavel in my shed was 3g.

But the Monster 1200 is such a great bike and so much fun to ride.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Tony Nitrous

When I look at Ducati's I see a lumpy V- twin, expensive to buy, expensive to service, that has a higher rate of recalls / faults than a Jap bike (fact) and won't stand up to neglect or abuse like a big Jap bike, and in the case of the Monsters I've ridden, the midrange doesn't make up for the lack of top end punch.

Each to their own, I know some folk love them but they do nothing for me.

https://motorbikewriter.com/motorcycle-safety-recalls-rise-2018/

... and ...

https://www.moneytalksnews.com/the-most-reliable-motorcycle-brand-not-harley/

Tony Nitrous

grog

If i stumbled on $12 g, My 14 would get Phil Tainton 1600 kit, $10g, 160 rwhp, Brembo Monoblocks around 2g. That would be my dream bike, i could own that forever. Not that i wont own it forever as it is. 😂

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 02 February  2019, 05:23 PM
If i stumbled on $12 g, My 14 would get Phil Tainton 1600 kit, $10g, 160 rwhp, Brembo Monoblocks around 2g. That would be my dream bike, i could own that forever. Not that i wont own it forever as it is. 😂

The Monoblocks would be worth more than my 14 !

I'd need to find a much nicer and less abused and tired 14 before PTR did their magic on it. ...... although it would be funny having a "crashed and bashed" Rat that went that hard.

grog

Tony, cant find any tests on 1600, you have mates with them. what is their opinion?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk