News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Show us ya... Watches !

Started by VladTepes, Thursday, 31 May 2018, 02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froudy

@Tony Nitrous

Get it looked at..Be nice to have it working again, especially as it has sentimental value :onya:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

VladTepes

Tony I can't see any pic from my work computer, so can't really comment on the watch itself.

The shortage of decent watchmakers here means they aren't cheap but without hesitation I would recommend Ian Head (Timecraft Services) if you wanted it looked at.

http://www.timecraftservices.com.au/

:onya:
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: VladTepes on Monday, 09 July  2018, 09:13 AM
Tony I can't see any pic from my work computer, so can't really comment on the watch itself.

The shortage of decent watchmakers here means they aren't cheap but without hesitation I would recommend Ian Head (Timecraft Services) if you wanted it looked at.

http://www.timecraftservices.com.au/

:onya:

Cheers. There is a place near the Gabba that's seems OK and is on my way home from the Port, but the one you posted is even better, quite near my wife's offices in the city.

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Tony Nitrous

Tug

This is mine, it does the GPS thing which is handy as i work abroad, it also runs relies on light for charging, and its very light as it titanium

Definitely maybe

VladTepes

@Tony Nitrous

Tony I don't know much about those watches. Is that an auto or quartz.  If the latter might just need a battery?

Otherwise , you could try emailing them with model number etc and asking about service and repairs.

email address is Australia@rotarywatches.com

Cheers

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

froudy

I'm actually rather excited this morning as my repaired Omega is on it's way back to me. Hopefully it'll arrive today :boogie:
The total bill came to £282. Not bad considering the amount of work and new parts required, some of which Christian had to hand make!

It's been quite an experience looking at the photo's Watch Guy posted up on his blog of the repair..Impressive stuff!
Omega parts certainly aren't cheap. For example the winder "Crown" needed replacing as I broke it many years ago due to the winder mechanism seizing up..
£28 for a replacement..It is 9ct gold though.

All in all..Brilliant service from Watch Guy!

I know full well that my late Grandfather, Grandmother and Mum would be very happy to see it repaired and being worn again. It'll only be worn for special occasions though due to it's value. I'd hate to lose it, or have it stolen.

froudy

It's home..To say I'm happy is a huge understatement :boogie:

A great job done!

@mjgt
Thanks for recommending the Watch Guy..Much appreciated :onya:

VladTepes

Geez Froudy great result !

You'll have to assume more occassion are "special" now - that watch deserves to be worn!

After all that's what they are for.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Mick_J

Looks good.  Omega parts are hard to get hold of as the swatch group keep tight control of them and will only supply their own repairers, so you have to know a man who knows a man although dealers bought a lot of stock once the swatch group announced what they were going to do, just hope he still has some when my watch needs a service.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

VladTepes

Fact: Swatch group are pricks.  :)

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

froudy

New addition to the watch collection. Tag Heuer Formula 1.
My Son saw it advertised on a selling group on Facebook. I went in with an offer £150 under the asking price and got lucky!
It's brand new, not worn with all the documentation and receipts.

seth

only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

froudy

Quote from: seth on Thursday, 16 August  2018, 07:21 PM
Now I do like that froudy  :onya:

Thanks Seth...It is a nice looking watch.
I did very well and got it for £250 below the price they are sold for :boogie:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk