Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

TBH, I saw that pic n thought, mines done that, & as Dave said, it was the right one. Thought I must of missed tightening it up at the time, now, maybe it's something else. 
I'd ridden to Kaikoura, was on the way back & waiting at the stop go signs, hands relaxed & were twiddling behind me & felt an odd bolt sticking out - was the same one as what KF shows & as what Barmy mentions.  I pulled into the layby & got out an allen key & tightened it & carried on.
How odd it's the right one that comes loose for whatever reason.  Can't be 3 of us missing tightening it up surely.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Hooli

It's never happened on mine, but I think I loctited them just in case when I fitted them.

MarkN

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Friday, 16 August  2019, 05:48 PM
Pleased to have cast my eye over the bike today  :facepalm:

Any of you blokes with racks mounting there please be aware.

Yep happened to me too, quite frightening Stud locked them now  :onya:

KiwiCol

Quote from: grog on Friday, 16 August  2019, 07:17 PM
Please borrow some of Speedys nightmare, Loctite.
Blue would be the go here ? not red like Andre's bike.

Irish in Oz

Kiwifruit

Pleased to have put it up; thought l might get a bollocking for a lack of maintenance. I see l am not alone with this issue.

Might save someone a problem.

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

I did a few more bits on my 14 today, it's almost ready for the Alps again now.

Front wheel bearings replaced, they felt fine but were obviously about due.
Front brakes rebuilt, just a little bit of sludge in the calipers.
Redid the wiring to the fuel pump & sender under the tank. I'd replaced the multiplug years ago when the contacts when mouldy, but I'd only insulation taped it all up as that was all I had at the time & needed it for work. I've redone it neater with heat shrink now & fixed the broken earth lead to the sender.
The low pressure fuel pipe under the tank got replaced too as it's just started to fail.
Clutch fluid changed too.

Oh & I washed it!

Short test run tomorrow followed by an oil n flter change & she's ready.

KiwiCol

what do you reckon that sludge is? & how'd it get in there?   Road grime getting in? or maybe the hoses disintegrating?

Hooli

Too much red rubber grease when I assembled them last time I think.

GSXKING

I'm def not so mechanically minded to perform any of those duties. I leave it to the professional motorcycle mechanics. I can tighten chain & lube it. Change brake pads and rotors etc. Oil and filter changes. Service K&N air filter. Check tyre pressures. I've travelled 139,000km's over 18 years and ridden it hard.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Speedy1959

I think its time to remove the cable tie from your fork now Mr king..
Sag has been set
:grin:

GSXKING

Chris

Speedy1959

Quote from: GSXKING on Sunday, 18 August  2019, 09:29 AM
HAHA you may be correct MR. Speedy :doh: :doh: :doh: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Isn't Technology wonderful..
12,000 miles apart and we can comment on each others bikes...

GSXKING

Quote from Homer Simpson "The internet, is that thing still around"  :stir: :stir: :stir: :cheers: :cheers:
Chris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk