News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

chain lube

Started by stick3, Wednesday, 08 February 2017, 02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick_J

Just goes to show that not all car drivers are tossers, just most of them  :whistling:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

DP1400

Those of us car drivers that aren`t tossers ride bikes too......I can think of so many reasons why riding a bike should be mandatory before learning to drive a car.... :whistling:

Eric GSX1400K3

Thought this was the best  spot to post this, brand new RK 530XW chain and sprockets fitted, cleaned chain and lube  with VMX 80 gear oil  as per grogs recommendation. 

Just done about 150km since fitting it, running perfectly.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

I'm using chainsaw oil on my Strumpet currently, as I've not fitted the spare Scotoiler I've got yet.

Some places say it damages the X-rings, I guess I'll find out.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 13 May  2021, 10:39 PM
I'm using chainsaw oil on my Strumpet currently, as I've not fitted the spare Scotoiler I've got yet.

Some places say it damages the X-rings, I guess I'll find out.

think youll be fine Hooli, no oil damages it more ...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

stick3

i was given a bottle of stihl chain saw oil and i didn t want chuck it so i mixed  it with some gear oil in a little bottle and clean and lube the chain earlier this week its done nearly 37ks

its still oil and chain saws work very hard so if it fucks the chain than i know to use it trial and error so to speak

KiwiCol

Hope it was Chain Bar Oil & not Chainsaw oil, one goes on the chain & the other mixes with petrol.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

stick3

actually i also was given 2 stroke stihl 50-1 synthetic but i had plenty of 2 stroke engine over the years bikes boats lawn equipment
and even work with chain saws so i know the difference

grog

Well done Stick. Im sure that mixture will be good. Probably even if you mixed 2 stroke with gear oil it would be good. Clean and lubed those chains love. 👍

grog

Eric, meant say 👍. Chain lookin good. Have you noticed the beautiful chain sound when oiled, just sort of zings over sprockets. Youll never get that sound with spray lube, at least i havent.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 15 May  2021, 04:40 PM
Eric, meant say 👍. Chain lookin good. Have you noticed the beautiful chain sound when oiled, just sort of zings over sprockets. Youll never get that sound with spray lube, at least i havent.
yep, just smooth as, cant hear much over the growl of my Akra though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk