News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Ulle's garage

Started by Ulle, Tuesday, 09 July 2019, 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulle

Hi folks! This is my first post to this great forum. First I want to thank you all; I have had so much great information from this forum! Nice!  :onya:

I was not planning to buy GSX1400 but when this beauty came to my way I could not resist.. It is spring/summer here in Finland and like every year the prices are just ridiculous. When the leafs are starting to fall from the trees same happens to prices. Thats why I was planning to buy a new motorcycle later this year.. But then I found this;

GSX1400 K4 from the first owner, just 26tkm driven, Micron mufflers, steel braded brake and clutch lines, Wilbers rear shocks, Wilbers progressive springs in front and all original parts came with the bike. I also think that the blue/white is the best colour for the GSX1400, but I can live with this red/black K4 also. In fact what I have researched it seems that this K4 red/black seems to be not so popular. I have found more K5 red/black than this K4. If you have similar please comment/put picture below!

And yes, this post is nothig without pictures. Here she is after a good wash, polishing and waxing, enjoy!

T 24

Welcome Ulle!
Ja hiton komia måpeti sulla onkin!

Jussi

DTTW

Welcome Ulle! Great looking bike!
I want those kind of polished headers also!  :drool:

Ulle

After taking the pictures I have changed all the fluids and air filter, cleaned front and rear brakes, check the TPS, blocked the PAIRS, adjusted front shock to factory defaults etc..

Yesterday I took bike to workshop for the valve clearance check and throttle body synchronization. I also asked them to make the compression test, just to make sure everything is OK.

Chain and sprockets needs to be changed and also new tires.

Bike is in great condition. In fact I feel like I will have to keep it as stock as possible, in my warm garage, under the blanket..  :grin:

I just said to my wife that because of this bike good condition I will need another bike to build and tune. She did not agree..  :grin:

We will see how it goes!

KiwiCol

Hi Ulle & welcome aboard, very nice bike you've got, it looks awesome.  :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

seth

:welcome1:
To all thinks 1402
Very nice k4 you have there
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Sweaty

Very nice Ulle & Welcome aboard. Looks like you have picked up a great bike there  :onya: enjoy.

Snapey

Firstly, welcome to the forum Ulle. Second and most important is to find another wife who is agreeable.  ;)

Now to why the K4 R/B isn't as popular as the K5. It's the over kill of black paint Ulle. :onya:
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Andre

Sir Prancelot

Welcome !!

Great looking Bike , enjoy riding her!!
:drool: :onya: :clapping:
It's better to have been a has-been than a never-was!

Mick_J

Welcome to the forum Ulle  :onya: That was a good find.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

Notty

Great looking bike and welcome- Croeso  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Donatello

Welcome Ulle, I saw you changed the springs to factory settings but it's best to set them to the settings Wilbers gave with the springs/shocks since the oil is sometimes thicker and can give very different outcomes with the stock settings.

Ulle

I got bike back to home. Valve clearances were spot on, no need to adjust. Synchronization was not OK and after adjustment bike feels better. BUT there was couple of broblems;

When they were trying to start the bike the battery was dead. It has under week old battery and it was fully charged when I took the bike to the shop. I measured voltage today and it was charging 14-14,2V @2500-3000rpm. With higher rpms not over 14,8V so I think everything is OK there and maybe they just forgot ignition on, or turned key to "parking" for whole night. I will follow voltage couple of days if there is something wrong.

I also bought new spark plugs (CR8EK) and when they put them on she was not behaving. She was "spitting" with new plugs so they needed to put old spark plugs back. They were in good condition so no worries there but it feels strange why the bike did not work with new plugs? I think that she spits with old spark plugs too. Not much but you clearly notice that when you keep revs high, 3000-5000rpm in neutral. It was clearly noticeable when I was measuring voltage today. So there is another thing that needs to be solved. Maybe it's electrical thing or something to do with fuel system. But hey, she is 15 years old and ladies in that age can have temperament. :) Or maybe she just needs power commander or stock mufflers back.

Yes, I will have to focus more to front end adjustments but first I have to get her run smoothly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk