News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

New bike / Next bike. Poor options.

Started by Tony Nitrous, Sunday, 22 October 2017, 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

My local bike shop has a 220+hp de-restricted H2-SX and say they can arrange a test ride for me if I'm serious about buying either that demo bike or a new one.

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

"Its a smaller bike than I have now and is loaded with safety features" 

Need to practice that before I try it on the wife....  :rofl2:

Kiwifruit

If you took $40k to the Kawasaki shop here you could buy that bike Tony......and have enough left over to buy 2L of milk, just !!
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Monday, 22 October  2018, 07:52 PM
If you took $40k to the Kawasaki shop here you could buy that bike Tony......and have enough left over to buy 2L of milk, just !!

$34,500(AU) for the brand new one.  Not sure about the 1000k demo model.

Kiwifruit

Tony Nitrous

https://h2sxriders.net/2019-kawasaki-ninja-h2-sx-se-plus-announced/

https://www.cycleworld.com/2019-kawasaki-ninja-h2-sx-se-completes-h2-lineup#page-6

"The Ninja H2 SX SE+ has smartphone compatibility and integration, found throughout the Kawasaki lineup this year. Using Rideology The App, a number of instrument functions can be accessed, logged, and reviewed.
Vehicle information can be viewed. A riding log is integrated to hold detailed data, route, distance, and time traveled, and riding conditions can be logged. Vehicle settings can be made on your smartphone and then applied before riding as well, along with shift settings, Ride Mode, and Electronic Suspension settings.
The app can also be used when away from the motorcycle. Logging information while you ride with the app on, and implementing any changes made via the app while the engine is off or out of range as soon as the ignition is turned on and the smartphone is in range with the app on.
Finally, the Ninja H2 SX SE+ benefits from Kawasaki's Highly Durable Paint. This new paint has a special topcoat that allows some scratches to repair themselves. The self-healing is achieved through microscopic soft and hard segments within the topcoat working like a chemical spring, allowing the paint to absorb impact"

KiwiCol

Sounds very trick to me.  Soon you'll be able to load a new fuel map via an app or completely de-restrict it with a touch on your cell phone screen. 

You'd hope that it only responds to one app, not someone who also has it & goes about changing the setting on others bikes, or worse, does it 'on the fly' whilst it's being ridden.

No worry for me though, I'd never be able to afford one of those anyway, plus I wouldn't be able to do justice to a bike like that.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

ARH

Agree Col!   It's a nice bike an'all.... but would be wasted on me...

grog

amazing tech but also wasted on me. self healing paint, my 14 could do with that.

Irish in Oz

My car has all that smart phone app stuff and a touch screen an a turbo and electronic drive, but it doesn't have self healing paint, but it is still a lot cheaper than the Kawasaki.

Kiwifruit

grog

i agree Col, my house needs a paint. such a waste of money but necessary.

Tony Nitrous

LOL, yeah, I bought 2 new cars last year, both cheaper than the Kawasaki, but they really aren't anything special though.

I'm not sure why I like the Kwak, I'm normaly a Luddite who dismissed high tech unnecessary stuff and prefers simple basic designs.

The suspension is interesting. Being able to react to how it's being used, as well as being able to go from sport, to comfort, to pillion in the touch of a buttom, I'm too lazy to be adjusting mine very often.

At the moment it's all just if's and maybe's. I haven't seen a release date or price on the "X" version, and I don't have the cash until the end of the year and I'm looking at other stuff too.

I can't get my head around buying one Kwak for the price of 2 brand new Hayabusa's. That just seems wrong to a Suzuki lover... LOL

Kiwifruit

This caught my eye today......... :whatever:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk