News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

MCR10 Ride the Oxley Highway Wauchope 2018

Started by Bov, Monday, 30 October 2017, 09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black14

Top weekend guys - most enjoyable!

Thanks again to those organising - great job.

3500kms; 210L fuel; Unknown but hugely significant quantities of beer, pies and egg and bacon rolls!!!

Having taken in the Crookwell/Oberon Road, Bells Line, Putty Road, Oxley Hwy (twice!), Bathurst/Crookwell Road and Bylong Valley Way in NSW, had to finish up with the Murray River Road, Tawonga Gap Road, Whitfield/Mansfield Road and the Reefton Spur in Vic.

:onya:
:cheers:
I plan on living forever - so far, so good!

KiwiCol

3500!!  Bloody staggering. Fantastic effort Black14.  That's more than twice the length of NZ!  Think we're about 1500k top to bottom - as the crow flies anyway.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Beaker

Quote from: Snapey on Tuesday, 13 November  2018, 04:33 PM
Maybe it was you my mate was talking about Chris. Maroon one maybe with enough luggage to suggest he's on a world tour?

Yes it was Pete - carting all that luggage is what surprised me - nice bloke though. He reckons we were holding him up  :rofl2:

Sweaty

Quote from: black14 on Wednesday, 14 November  2018, 06:57 AM
Top weekend guys - most enjoyable!

Thanks again to those organising - great job.

3500kms; 210L fuel; Unknown but hugely significant quantities of beer, pies and egg and bacon rolls!!!

Having taken in the Crookwell/Oberon Road, Bells Line, Putty Road, Oxley Hwy (twice!), Bathurst/Crookwell Road and Bylong Valley Way in NSW, had to finish up with the Murray River Road, Tawonga Gap Road, Whitfield/Mansfield Road and the Reefton Spur in Vic.

:onya:

Massive effort Black & what a great bunch of roads you covered  :onya:

Snapey

Quote from: Beaker on Wednesday, 14 November  2018, 10:12 AM
Quote from: Snapey on Tuesday, 13 November  2018, 04:33 PM
Maybe it was you my mate was talking about Chris. Maroon one maybe with enough luggage to suggest he's on a world tour?

Yes it was Pete - carting all that luggage is what surprised me - nice bloke though. He reckons we were holding him up  :rofl2:

He is a good bloke Chris & also a very fast but safe rider with enough brains to know that 1300cc, a 5 speed box and all that luggage would make passing an empty 1400 difficult. If you'd have let him through he'd have been out of site in about 5 corners. He's done around 400,000km on that bike so he's had plenty of practice.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

black14

The Stig put in more kms than me. Met me and Boof at Lilydale from Somerville when we left. Boof back to Blackburn via the highway from Mansfield. Me and Stig via the Reefton. I headed home to Mount Evelyn from Hoddles Creek on the Gembrook road. Stig had another 75km or so to go.
And he went all the way to Walcha on Saturday's ride whereas I went maybe 20km past Gingers and back to the Long Flat pub.
So longest distance award definitely to the Stig.
:notworthy:
I plan on living forever - so far, so good!

KiwiCol

Don't think we've met the Stig on here, best ya get him to call in then?

Aint it amazing how yer fingers work different after a few beers an a bottle of whine . . . .
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk