News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andre

GSXKING

RIVETS ???????????? WTF ?????????????? it looks like two 10mm bolts hold it on. Are we talking about the same thing ??????????????????:confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

seth

only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Andre

I remember @seth  :smile2:

@GSXKING  The part that you screw them bolts in is held in place by rivets (item #4 in attached pic) to the rear fender.

seth

Well spotted @Andre
Yes the bracket is attatched to the mudguard by rivets .
You only need to remover the 2 bolts to remove the reg/rec
Unless for some strange reason they are very corroded.
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

GSXKING

@seth @Andre thank you sooo sooooooo much I can see the method now. You guys are awesome.  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy:
Chris

KiwiCol

Today I took mine for a wee mid winter jaunt after work, it was a cracker of a day (for winter) was 20 degrees when I came home, so out for an 'unofficial' 40-50 min spin. (Rego is on hold)

:cruisin:   Felt bloody good to be back out there again too.  Must get on with the rest of the winter maintenance so she's good to go anywhere anytime.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

T250

Took mine for M.O.T today, passed with flying colours, can't believe it was a year ago that the restro was at a stage it could go back on the road. Over the winter months the top of the fuel tank, front mudguard and rear hugger have all been repaired and repainted....in the correct very fast Suzuki Blue... :onya:

http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=2808.0

Mick_J

Changed the oil and filter, cleaned and oiled the chain and re-greased the head bearings.  Head bearing were pretty straight forward with the forks still in the bike but Suzuki were a bit mean with the original grease though.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

KiwiCol

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 03 July  2019, 07:39 PM
Naughty boy Col. No rego?
Yeah, on hold over winter as It doesn't get used in the freezing temps. I ride for enjoyment not necessity.
If I was pinged by the rozzers I'd just get a fine, but 99.9% chance you wouldn't be, unless you're doing something stupid.  No, just out round the 'track', nice & easy & home again. Loved it, want more . .
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

Quote from: Andre on Tuesday, 02 July  2019, 08:27 PM
I remember @seth  :smile2:

@GSXKING  The part that you screw them bolts in is held in place by rivets (item #4 in attached pic) to the rear fender.

Ah that'll be it, I'd forgot it was a bracket that 'fell off' when twisted.

GSXKING

Chris

erbas

The main stand needs to be repaired and the frame new paint. Two bolts left before removing die engine
14K3, RP02,PC43, 2J4, SC54, W201, W124

Andre

@erbas I would like to see pics of the repaired main stand when it's done. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk