News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Solo Xmas 18 ride

Started by Sweaty, Friday, 14 December 2018, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Col, just a nice ride, not very long, apparently now is super policed. From northern nsw into gold cost hinterland. was unreal 20 yrs ago.very fast with big drop offs. not a good map but from murwillimbah, up thru numinbah into nerang. https://www.whereis.com/qld/numinbah-valley-4211

Kiwifruit

Shanered6 thats good, hear a few of the lads saying they tuck them up in a warm blanky for the winter.

Its crazy now Grog l am very concerned about getting another ticket. Like you say the roads are heavily policed.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Sweaty

Day 1:
Timed it perfectly, 607 kms from home to Ebor in hot sun & put the bike in the pub shed & it started pouring down.
Great day through some nice familiar territory today.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: mjgt on Sunday, 16 December  2018, 08:54 PM
Doesn't everyone ride all year round.  :whistling:  If it's dry I always try to get out on the bike Christmas day, no lorries, busses or coaches, roads are a bit quieter so it's really good to go out on the bike.

New Years Day is my favourite.

I'm normally off to bed at 8.30 or 9pm anyway as I'm up at 3.15am most mornings. Along with not drinking New Years Eve is normally an early night.

I've been breathalized leaving the city, but in the early hours of New Years Day they aren't that interested in my loud pipes.    Once I get out over the local mountains the roads are deserted. It's like some movie when everyone is dead !   I've done a few runs where I check for dead roo's or other stuff and turned around and let the Busa or B-King really stretch it legs. High rev's, top gear.... YEEEEE-HAAAAA!!!!!

shanered6

Its nice to get out at holiday times in the winter not much else on the roads and you get a much more relaxed ride even when the weather is not great .
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: shanered6 on Monday, 17 December  2018, 05:26 PM
Its nice to get out at holiday times in the winter not much else on the roads and you get a much more relaxed ride even when the weather is not great .

I get out at 4:30am because it's a bit cooler. I'm normaly home in the aircon before it gets too hot.

If I'm giving it big licks I'd rather wear my leathers than cooler jeans and a dri-rider mesh jacked.

Kiwifruit

VladTepes

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Kiwifruit

Sweatg you should be tucked up, big day tomorrow. Enjoy  :onya:

Sweaty

Well Day 2 was a beauty & I got carried away and done 700kms  :grin:
Some of the roads I done today are (in order, for the Oz boys)
Waterfall way (Ebor to Dorrigo only)
Armidale rd
Gwydir hwy
Bruxner hwy
Summer land way
Orara way to Coramba where I am staying the night in the pub (great little town)
Was a great decision to add the Bruxner in Grog  :onya and the biking Gods were smiling on me for the day. The weather/ conditions I encountered from leaving at 6.30am was as follows and in order.
Fog, sun, mist, sun, fairy rain, sun, damp/wet roads, dark clouds, hot sun,
Cloudy for a couple of hours, then full sun all afternoon. Never a drop of actual rain.
Then I was giving it a bit of a flogging on the Bruxner the whole way ;) but started to feel really tired, and decided to slow down for 5 mins and pull in to a rest stop. I pulled in & 30 seconds later a small work truck pulls up with a blue unmarked BMW M5 and flashing lights behind him. So, I obviously passed him myself, when I was in sleepy cruise mode  :clapping:
I rested for a while, and then realised, that they were still there and finishing up, and me being so smart  :jack: thought, shit, I need to leave before he does, so he can't be in front of me & possibly get me down the road. So I quickly get ready as he is getting in the sneaky little bastard car, take off before he does, as I know it will be safe now. I Just start going through the gears and there comes a Marked Highway patrol car coming the other way before I get up to speed :boogie2:
I thought the coast was going to be clear, but they obviously had a little sting going on & this was 2pm on a Tuesday.
So, another fantastic day. Think I need to have a talk to the missus about me &  early retirement  :grin:
This beats working.

KiwiCol

Sounds a great day out mate, good on ya.   Cheers.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Careful Sweaty, theres a fine line between retirement and being put out to pasture  :stir:

grog

Just awesome stuff Sweaty. Maybe next year we can meet up and do another together. 10/10 mate.

Kiwifruit

You earned your beer today.
Have a corker day tomorrow :worshippy:

Mick_J

Early retirement works for me, do it.  :onya:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk