GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Suzuki Badges

Started by froudy, Friday, 14 June 2019, 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froudy

I picked this pair of GS1000 badges up because they were so cheap :cool:

Now I'm wondering if they would look right on my GSX14 :confused1:

I think I'd put "False" screws in to fill the holes and possibly stick them to the tank with blobs of clear silicone sealant...Not sure.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

seth

only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Sweaty

I would suggest to just blu tack them in place where you like to get an idea how they look before committing to it.
Think it might look good & a little more  oldschool. It would be something a little different at least.

Eric GSX1400K3

Imho one on the front of the oil cooler, mounted on matt black painted mesh would look trick.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Alan Moreton

Those are nice badges, but if originality isn't an issue then this might be an option.

I've recently re-built a GT380 to an updated café racer style, rather than standard.  The tank badges were completely shot and new old stock originals were excruciatingly expensive.  So when the tank was prepped for paint I filled in the badge indentations and used Suzuki car tailgate badges.  They were a fraction of the price, and come with a strong adhesive backing that simply sticks in palce.  They look very nice and almost standard and only a rivet counter would notice. 

Just thought I'd mention it.  :)

Regards  Chip
I have a 2003 GSX1400 owned since new (Blue and White of course).  I have a 1977 Suzuki GT380 café racer and A Japanese import Yamaha XG250 Tricker.  I'm interested in anything mechanical.  Was an aircraft technician / inspector, but I took early retirement - because I could!

Mick_J

Used car badges on my thunderbird a couple of years ago, worked really well.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk