News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

A Random Ride Pics Thread.... Post 'em up!

Started by Tony Nitrous, Sunday, 07 May 2017, 12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSXKING

OOpssss already posted this  :doh: :facepalm: :frustrated: ???
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Hooli

I went for a small* trip out last weekend, I planned to head for the Alps & do a few passes. Seemed rude not to go through the Black Forest on the way down too.

The list of ones I know I did includes
Klausen, Susten, Grimsel (looking down from here to the Furka pic 2), Furka, Old St Gothard (all cobbles, pic 4), Nufenen, Simplon, Tremlemo, Splugen, Maloja, Albula, Filelas, Berniner, Livigno, Fuorn, Stelvio, Umbrial, De Tonale and Mendola. I did quite a few more but didn't write them down...

As mentioned elsewhere I lost my phone mid trip, so that's most of my pics gone. But I've downloaded what I'd put on FB & took a real camera (worse pics than my phone! but has zoom) so still got a few.

Old WW1 trenches 9,500ft up above Stelvio in pic 5. I climbed to 10,000ft (the pass is 9,045ft) but didn't get to the summit as it's too slippery & I don't like heights! The pass looks miles down in pic 6 eh?

Eagles over the Stelvio in pic 7

I can't name the others sorry, you'll just have to go for yourself.

3,200miles in 9 days btw.

Kiwifruit

Great photos Hooli. Thanks for sharing . Always good to see where others ride.
:onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Tuesday, 03 September  2019, 05:45 AM

Spot on. GSX14 pics are great but ride pics from around the world on any bike interest me.  A local run to the pub or a tour of Europe the pics tell and show so much more than just a bike.

Keep 'em coming guys.

grog

KiwiCol

I've managed to grab a couple of stills of the video from yesterday, on the run to Kaikoura. They're from the Hundalees section, going up one of the hills.

As mentioned, these are grabs off the video, so quality not the best probably.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Just beautiful Col. Feel like im there, im really just looking and beer drinking.

Sweaty

Speedy1959

I just know some of the forum Brain Boxes will be working out your angle of lean. 
😬

Hooli

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Tuesday, 03 September  2019, 10:27 PM
I just know some of the forum Brain Boxes will be working out your angle of lean. 
😬

Probably higher than mine downhill around a hairpin at Stelvio last week, but I bought the pic anyway because why not? I'm not good on fast hairpins uphill or down, I don't get on the power enough.

T 24

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Tuesday, 03 September  2019, 03:49 PM
Quote from: Kiwifruit on Tuesday, 03 September  2019, 05:45 AM

Spot on. GSX14 pics are great but ride pics from around the world on any bike interest me.  A local run to the pub or a tour of Europe the pics tell and show so much more than just a bike.

Keep 'em coming guys.
Passo Di Stelvio and Grossglockner in 1991 with GS 1000 G and GS 1100 G.
Notice that top box. I made that Rickman copy in 1985, over 370 000 km ago.

Andre

@Hooli How was the traffic over those passes? Looks like light traffic on your pics.

Hooli

Light as you say, except Stelvio which you have do to early or late to enjoy it.

Andre

Thank you Hooli for the confirmation. Want to see the Alps again but not when roads are overcrowded.

Hooli

I'll be back down there next year I'm sure. Meet for a beer if the timings work out?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk