News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

RePaint Callipers or?

Started by Notty, Saturday, 01 December 2018, 02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notty

Its winter and time for projects - my callipers are pretty ugly underneath so do i send them off for refurbishment which is around £200 after postage added or can I RePaint  them myself? They are working absolutely fine just cosmetically challenged (a bit like me !)
Father Christmas will be paying ( aka mrs Notty )
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-GSX1400-K3-K4-03-04-front-brake-calipers-refurbishment-service-2003-2004/152223849536?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

KiwiCol

Mate, if Father Christmas is paying, don't go for refurb, buy brand new & flog yours off for an under the table profit!
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Notty

Quote from: KiwiCol on Saturday, 01 December  2018, 02:40 AM
Mate, if Father Christmas is paying, don't go for refurb, buy brand new & flog yours off for an under the table profit!
Father Christmas has to supply all good boys who have a 14 and so has a budget, yes a set of Brembo Radials would be nice but you would all have to go without !!  :rofl2:

seth

You could always give @Del
A shout his work is 2nd to none and better giving money to someone you know rather than a stranger .
:onya:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Notty

Had these on my last 14 back in 2003 when I tried to drive off with disc lock on -gone up a bit since !
MINI-6 BILLET ORIGINAL STYLE calipers with BILLET-6 facia for the front of your bike.
Prices vary dependent upon finish.For a show polished finish the cost would be £764.76 plus carriage and vat = £932.71
or if you would prefer a Black or Clear anodised finish £822.84 plus carriage and vat = £1,002.40.
Our calipers are supplied complete (pads, bolts etc) and are a direct fitment to your stock front end.  father Christmas just said no  :bugga:

KiwiCol

To be fair Notty, I can't really blame Father Christmas for that answer.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Sweaty

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk