News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Belt drive

Started by Nick, Friday, 19 October 2018, 03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I had one on one of my 14's, stef bought it and still has it afaik. Didn't seem any quieter than a chain and my fear was if it was to break (stone jam) it's a swing arm off to replace, waste of 1k in my opinion, I did start to try locate a spare belt locally without much joy but think I could of having used a bit more effort

VladTepes

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Friday, 19 October  2018, 06:06 PM
Interestingly, I can't think of any performance or sportsbikes using belt drive?

Well that depends on your definitions but the closest to such a thing would have been the Buells.

And I'm sure there's a reason that chain conversion kits are available, to convert FROM the belt to a chain drive.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: VladTepes on Monday, 22 October  2018, 11:31 AM
Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Friday, 19 October  2018, 06:06 PM
Interestingly, I can't think of any performance or sportsbikes using belt drive?

Well that depends on your definitions but the closest to such a thing would have been the Buells.

And I'm sure there's a reason that chain conversion kits are available, to convert FROM the belt to a chain drive.

Yes, in the US there are several company's doing kits to turn Harley's back into chain drive.

Sportsters were just into belt drive when I bought a new one. I couldn't get a 12 with a chain so I bought an 883 chaindrive and got Fred Warr to do a 1200 conversion rather than have a belt drive bike.

I don't mind some Buell's, but they aren't my idea of a Sportsbike.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk