Images on mobile

Started by Red Biker, Monday, 05 March 2018, 04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Biker

Hi Guys,
When ever I try and load an image from my phone it fails, it used to work fine before Xmas them was sporadic but now I can't upload any at all?

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

gsxbarmy

I'll get Mike to look at it Nigel, not sure why that is happening, since Xmas of course Mike has updated the site base software so maybe there is a setting needing adjustment.
If, in the interim you need any images loading mail them to me and I'll upload them from my PC.

Actually if you can mail me the image you were looking to upload, that would help Mike in his deliberations! Thanks!

@VladTepes
@Proteous
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

lloydjames

Image is too high quality/ too many megabits??

gsxbarmy

Could be, but I think that part is working ok, it's probably got something to do with the file type in all honesty which we need to allow - but I'm just speculating. Mike and Jay I'm sure wil have an answer!

Kiwifruit

Am having the same mobile phone problem (android) and my desktop does not always playing the game now either.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Red Biker

Thanks Dave,
The same photo's work fine from the laptop  :onya:  Mines i phone 6

Speedy1959

Recently several jpegs have failed for me..
Mine were NOT too large as I go to some trouble to make them "forum friendly" in size.
The last one that failed was 200kb..
I converted it to a "png" file and it worked.. The the png file was 700kb

So figure that out !!

Notty

I find that if i upload text first then modify and add pics (png) all ok as it fails if I do both together  :smile2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

VladTepes

Previously .jpg was allowed.   When I found out that apples apparently use .jpeg I allowed that was well - a few months back.

I you are able to specify exactly what the file extension is for the photo you are trying to upload, that would help.

Having said that, if it uploads from the desktop but not mobile then that is probably not the cause.

I know with a recent iOS update it screwed a few things up but I think that was later patched by Apple.

Sounds like there is some weirdness going on, and those things noted in this thread are unlikely to all have the same cause.

Anyway the more specific info I an get the better - eg filename, file type (specific extension), file size, device from which upload failed, and if you were able to upload successfully from another device?

For those having a problem, the first port of call worth trying would be:

1. Log out of the forum.
2. Clear your browser cache.
3. Log back in.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

gsxbarmy

All - can you please advise (on here) as per Mike's request above

@Red Biker
@Speedy1959
@Notty
@Kiwifruit

Thanks

Proteous

The issue lies in trying to find a happy medium between security and safty vs usability and freedom.. Vlad has done all he can to try and make sure the forum is safe and secure unfortunately that means sometimes the wrong things are blocked as false threats.. If all these manufacturers used equal standards then there would not be an issue but thats an ideal world..
So if i do stuff all all day and noone sees me do it.. Am i still a lazy git?

Red Biker

Hi Dave,
Mine are J peg and the actual images are now on the 'what did you do to your bike' thread as loaded fine from the lap top.
Weird also that the photo of the error message did load from my mobile ??

Go figure!

Speedy1959

My last problem image was a "JPEG" image at 184kb in size. It was a (photo of the shim in place on my rear swing arm)..
I converted it to a png (774kb) and it posted up fine.
I tend to only post photos from my PC.
I read stuff on my mobile whilst at work (ahem, ahem).. and sometimes post comments from my phone.

I tend to alter the size in photoshop because if I didn't then the average image would be between 2.5mb - 6mb (depending on whether I used the mobile phone or my actual camera.

S.

seth

Problems for me too
I added pics to a thread it uploaded 2 then came up with a security warning saying not approved
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

seth

Strangely that worked tho  :frustrated:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk