News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

New bike / Next bike. Poor options.

Started by Tony Nitrous, Sunday, 22 October 2017, 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

Which one is you Col?   :lol:

Have a look, even the Christmas decorations spell Merry Christmas in English & not Japanese, that's interesting.

So what bike is it you're standing beside?  Small wee light, don't recognise it.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 11 December  2018, 03:25 PM

So what bike is it you're standing beside?  Small wee light, don't recognise it.

The headlight looks like an old Korean Hyosung 250, so I'm guessing it's a new GSXR ?

:stir:

grog

Sweaty. 2 yrs ago i did all the test rides to find a 14 replacement. gsx 1000, mt09, mt07, mv brutale, bmw r1200r, bonneville, wasted a whole saturday. xjr yam, was nice in black/silver. even rode a moto guzzi. end result was the best i rode all day was the old dunger in my shed. the ride home was much nicer than those others. just lately rode my mates kawasaki gtr 1400. 2017 model. that thing is a lot of steps above any bike ive ever ridden. no words to describe how good. just my opinion.

Tony Nitrous

Go on any one model forum and a large % of the owners will tell you how great their bike is and how they wouldn't swap it for anything else, but I really believe that with the GSX1400 and the Hayabusa it's a very valid statement. Neither bike suit every rider, but for the owners that love them, they are bikes that are very hard to upgrade from.

grog

Tony, not owning a Busa, i find my 14 not lacking in much. That big Kawa is unreal but it is big, has a big fairing. Would lose my licence in no time. I just prefer my naked 14. Diavel is in shed to ride, as said before, i only ride it to keep battery charged. Its just not nice to ride, it sure can go, sure can stop. i take 14 out much more than Diavel. Effort to ride one, pleasure to ride other. To me , riding is about pleasure.

Tony Nitrous

Isn't the 1400GTR another victim of the Euro4 cull of non compliance models.

I think it's at the end of its lifetime now.

Kiwifruit

Would like to put this in my hand luggage. They do spin my wheels  :smitten:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Kiwifruit

Here's another one for you Tony.

Kiwifruit

The chap that l am standing next to could not have been nicer. We spoke for a while about new bikes and any plans the company had for something along the lines of the 14 in the future.  I showed him a couple of photo l had of our bike loaded up when we travelled the South Island a couple of years ago. Think he was surprised by the amount of luggage we.had on it. I said all the new Suzuki bikes are small for touring with a pillion. He shrugged his shoulders and said really the only new bike coming was the new Katana.
Yes to the GSXR we are standing nextt to. Did'nt take a side on photo as l was keen to get to the race machines.

Tony Nitrous

Sweaty

You have to be kidding  :shocked:
Where is that Tony?

Kiwifruit

Sorry, did'nt realise you already had one.  :doh:

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Irish in Oz

[/quote]Irish's shed!
[/quote]

Well my Katana is long gone and now in Pete's shed. And I have to say I will probably never put another one in it unless I bought it very cheap. They are not a practical bike to ride.

Sweaty

Your showing your age now Jeff, with all this practical & sensible talk  :grin:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk