GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

New bike / Next bike. Poor options.

Started by Tony Nitrous, Sunday, 22 October 2017, 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish in Oz

Quote from: Sweaty on Friday, 14 December  2018, 07:04 AM
Your showing your age now Jeff, with all this practical & sensible talk  :grin:

Sweety, I never had one back in the day only the 1100EF later in 1984, enjoyed it comfort big fairing and grunt and all the wallowing and 150 mph wobbles when I put the Michelins on, it did 160 before that but it was always scary pushing it through that barrier.

Sweaty

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Friday, 14 December  2018, 07:30 AM
Quote from: Sweaty on Friday, 14 December  2018, 07:04 AM
Your showing your age now Jeff, with all this practical & sensible talk  :grin:

Sweety, I never had one back in the day only the 1100EF later in 1984, enjoyed it comfort big fairing and grunt and all the wallowing and 150 mph wobbles when I put the Michelins on, it did 160 before that but it was always scary pushing it through that barrier.

Wallowing & wobbling at 250-260 kph  :shocked: Ahhhh, that's not for me. My testicles are quite small.  :laugh:

Tony Nitrous

grog

Too much for me Tony. Calming down in older age is my project. I love 14 grunt, Diavel in shed sure can move. My next choice, no idea. 

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Friday, 18 January  2019, 07:27 PM
Too much for me Tony. Calming down in older age is my project. I love 14 grunt, Diavel in shed sure can move. My next choice, no idea.

They are getting more of a horsepower following than I expected. They aren't going to touch a (turbo) Busa for stupid numbers but folk seem to be really getting into hotting them up.

There's an intercooler kit under development (similar to the one available for the H2), and folk are fitting ZX10R headers and uprated supercharger gears as well as the growing choice of cans, filters and ECU maps.

I thought the price would seriously cap their popularity or sales more than it has but I'm seeing more of them on the road and on line than I expected.

https://www.cycleworld.com/best-open-class-streetbike-2018-kawasaki-ninja-h2-sx-se

T 24

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Saturday, 19 January  2019, 05:57 AM
Quote from: grog on Friday, 18 January  2019, 07:27 PM

There's an intercooler kit under development (similar to the one available for the H2), and folk are fitting ZX10R headers and uprated supercharger gears as well as the growing choice of cans, filters and ECU maps.

Those are normal tuning things.
But has anyone removed those plastics? Now it doesn't even look like a motorcycle. It's coyote ugly now. IMO.

Tony Nitrous

I'd be interested in a 220+hp naked bike,
It wouldn't be a surprise if Kawasaki did one.
Something to out do the RSV, S1R, Super Duke etc.

They have done the crazy sportsbikes, the crazy tourer, a crazy naked to top that class too wouldn't be too hard to do.

I haven't see a naked / Streetfightered one yet, but I'm sure it will happen.
I've seen 2 or 3 damaged ones but they either went for big money or couldn't be re-registered.

The H2 SX's looks don't bother me. I've had Busa's, a B-King, Streetfighters and plenty of bikes (including my own 14) that wouldn't win any beauty contests. I'm not fussed, I'm a rider, and how a bike performs is waaay more important than how it looks at the pub or cafe.

VladTepes

If I'm ever old enough to think I need a faired bike these look ok (albeit not new)

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol

175hp, 140nm (103'lb) 10.62 for the quarter.  No slouch!!   
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 21 January  2019, 03:07 PM
175hp, 140nm (103'lb) 10.62 for the quarter.  No slouch!!   

If you don't mind the front suspension, shaft drive, and dealing with BMW mechanics and dealerships, and aren't into modding and hotting up bikes.  They are OK. I tried the naked version but it didn't suit me personally.

grog

Their sound puts me off, just different but i dont like it at all. 

VladTepes

I've never ridden one just like the looks of it.
Might have to find one at a dealer (yes I know they are 2nd hand now) sometime and do a test ride...
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Tony Nitrous

Globalrider

Just did the Vancouver Motorcycle Show - I want the R1250GS HP - other than that - I was looking for a new GSX1400 but sadly I'm the only one in North America with one a 2003! :rolleyes:
:hat:
Stan   
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

grog

Tony Nitrous, youve prob seen this but i thought a great option for your new bike. Brand new ride away. 15 1/2 k, mods are 13k. Would be unreal bike, cheaper than H2. And its a Suzuki. Just a thought, it sounds like awesome machine. https://www.bikesales.com.au/editorial/details/suzuki-gsx-s1200-review-58167/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk