Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

This has now got odd. I stripped the back wheel out tonight after checking the slight clunk was still there but once it was out the bearings felt completely fine. So out of curiosity I put the wheel back in & guess what? no clunk...

We'll see what happens next time I ride then, whats really odd is I didn't find anything loose etc to cause the clunk either.

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

Good call but no, the play was between the wheel & the swingarm as I checked for that.

gsxbarmy

It hadn't done something odd like the rear wheel move out of alignment possibly - grabbing at straws here Andy as this is really odd....

The only other thing I can think of is whether the chain might have worn through the rubber guard at the front of the swingarm - after all, you have just finished running in........
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

No idea Dave. The spindle was tight so I can't see how the wheel would have moved. I could see & feel movement between the wheel & the swingarm before hand but not afterwards.

I can only guess one of the spacers didn't seat properly due to a bit of dirt in the grease or something & that broke up leaving it loose. I'll see when I ride it next if it behaves & go from there.

Red Biker

No man cave for me for a couple of weeks  :boogie:

This is my view as I type  :cheers:

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

ARH

Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 06 July  2018, 06:38 AM
No idea Dave. The spindle was tight so I can't see how the wheel would have moved. I could see & feel movement between the wheel & the swingarm before hand but not afterwards.

I can only guess one of the spacers didn't seat properly due to a bit of dirt in the grease or something & that broke up leaving it loose. I'll see when I ride it next if it behaves & go from there.

@ Hooli - was that part of the stealth and anti theft coating that fell off then?    :rofl2:

froudy

Fitted an "Alarm" flashing blue LED.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

northern

@froudy
Just throwing an idea to you...
I had alarm (real one, with 2 way communication) just on 1 bike in the past. Yamaha FZ6. Cause I did not want to drill any unnecessary holes in bike, I mount signal led inside bikes headlight, next to Parking (position) light, and flashing was magnified by headlight reflector. Just keep in mind to choose clear case led to keep it stealth when not used  :hat:

northern

• Front end made a clicking noise while riding slow. On a higher speeds, everything seems OK. Find out, brake pad was moving up/down while wheel was spinning, because cover plate is old, and not making enough preasure to pads. Because, I'm planning to upgrade front calipers to SV1000 parts, I temporary use a zip tie to tie cover plate to pad pin. Issue solved!

• Synchronize throttle valves. Were quite OK, but now I'm sure they are.

• 4 pot calipers are soda-blasted, primered (epoxy primer), painted gold, covered with 2K clear coat.
    Cant say, I'm happy with result, but will keep it for now. Next time, will make calipers smoother first... Also, using grey primer, is not the best choice on aluminium calipers.
    Yesterday new pistons and rubbers were ordered... So, in 2 weeks, I will finally have 4-pot front brakes :)

1aSjthaS1fU

V_i_c_i

Move USB socket from left horn to final position behind headlamp. Happy with that.  :boogie:

northern

V_i_c_i

Quote from: northern on Wednesday, 11 July  2018, 06:55 AM
@V_i_c_i
Great idea!  :onya:

Thank you. But I don´t know if this solution is possible with OEM headlamp. I have aftermarket headlamp and dimensions are little different.

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

northern

Quote from: V_i_c_i on Wednesday, 11 July  2018, 07:12 AM
Quote from: northern on Wednesday, 11 July  2018, 06:55 AM
@V_i_c_i
Great idea!  :onya:

Thank you. But I don´t know if this solution is possible with OEM headlamp. I have aftermarket headlamp and dimensions are little different.
I notice - had the same, when I get my 14, but replace it for OEM one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk