Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

I'll have to speak to my neighbour & borrow a pressure gauge if needed.

Current plan is get new pipes for my vacuum gauges, balance the throttles, set both TPS & let the injector cleaner I put in the tank run though. It's not far off right & run sweet on the way home, it's a little funny when it's less than about 10c out these days. So I'll make sure the temp/pressure sensors are clean too.

Andre

I think that the flow test is a better indicator of fuel delivery. See service manual 4-50. Best is to do both, pressure and flow test.

shanered6

Well i got round to changing my bars and mirrors last night but im not sold totally on the bar end mirrors ! .... i supose i'll just have to give them a go and see how i get on with them .

i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

shanered6

Danm there was supposed to be a before pic ... oh well here it is !

grog

flow and pressure both needed, a way lot of people get fooled by not doing both. no, i dont like bar ends you have, dont think you will either. get the cheapy ive recod in past, work perfect.

shanered6

the thing is i like my bars wide and quite flat so the bare ends are way out there so i may try the ones that clamp on the bars and are under slung  :confused1:

shanered6

OMG im dull  :doh: ive just relised there two way so can come out of the ends like now or you can mount them in the middle as well ! ...
Ok will have a play about with them after work  :boogie2:

Sweaty

My thoughts Shane are, bars look great & sporty, but that style of bar end mirror looks more cafe racer.
The style that Grog is talking about, does suit the bike better if you are staying with bar ends, but it's what you like, not us, as I think it's your bike ;)
:onya:

northern

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 16 April  2018, 06:38 AM
If it doesn't I'll have to sell a kidney to buy a real one.
Ordered today from local Suzuki reseller: 35€ and have to wait 1.5 week.

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

northern

Quote from: KiwiCol on Wednesday, 18 April  2018, 03:10 AM
Too dear!  Mad price for a bloody air filter.
Local price for aftermarket HIFLO (HFA3909) is ~25€, so OEM is just 10€ more.

northern

KiwiCol

Things are expensive in general up that way then. I'm sure you can get filters off e-bay for way less.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Andre

Of cause you can get them cheaper but are they as good? OEM Filter here is 30,89 €. Could have picked up a DELO filter for 15 € today at Louis. Incidentally that equals the price with shipping from the cheapest on ebay.de (from Poland). Looking at the pic of it on their web site I can see poor quality and a restrictive tubing like the one in Hooli's pic.  Cheapest HIFLO via ebay is 22,65€.  I rather pay 45-88cents/1000 km (given 18k service interval) more. The air I put into my tires cost more  :rofl2: But it is my wallet/choice - not yours.

grog

rang suzuki today, oem air filter now $49. good price i thought . 6 yrs ago, last time i priced, were $120. now thats a big reduction. ill be getting one. have had Polish filters for 6 yrs, quality is excellent. they now wont post to australia. DNA is apparently the best. from web bike in japan. just over $200. bloody expensive but if you want, they supply. have had 240 top end from mine with Polish filter fitted, why should i worry about restriction.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk