News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northern

Today bike was completely assembled and started first times this year, and first time with new cams!  :boogie:
Next week I would need to pass MOT, get insurance and riding season could be open.

Also, because throttle body's were off the engine, I would need to run position and idle sensors adjustment, and run sync procedure again.

@seth PC map, you send me, was rejected by my PCV (after converting from PC3 map to to PCV), but I copy-paste values from your map to mine and engine runs  :onya:. Not smooth as it was before, but as I write - throttle bodies need to be adjusted, and dyno setup is required.

seth

Looking good buddy
Hopefully you get out on it asap
Do you have a chance to get it on a dyno ?
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Andre

Quote from: Hooli on Sunday, 15 April  2018, 10:56 PM
Right I took a look at the air filter today & the differences are pretty obvious in the first pic. A bit of thinking later & by running my angle grinder around the outside of the trumpet I cut the four spot welds holding that restrictive trumpet in. Pulled it out, filed the edge of the hole smooth by hand (with the filter upside down so the bits fell out) and that should be that.

Test rides will occur at some point, but I'm confident it'll have fixed it. Shame I can't replicate the small intake trumpet to smooth the air, but the solid section at the top of the filter (which the original doesn't have) is about the same depth so should do the same job.

A weird "new style" filter you got there. When and where did you buy it? I got the filter in the pic I attached last summer from Suzuki dealer and it looks like your old one.

@Hooli
@seth (I think you mentioned having one like Hooli's new one too)

northern

Quote from: seth on Monday, 16 April  2018, 05:43 AM
Do you have a chance to get it on a dyno ?
Thx!
Yes, we have dyno here, and I have been measured there before. So, same dyno, same tuner - it will be interesting to compare results.
But looking realistically - it will be beginning of the summer. Cams have to break-in first. So fare - Autotune, with AFR target 13.2-13.8

northern

Quote from: Andre on Monday, 16 April  2018, 05:47 AM
A weird "new style" filter you got there. When and where did you buy it? I got the filter in the pic I attached last summer from Suzuki dealer and it looks like your old one.
I think, it's aftermarket HIFLO air filter.
I have the same on my bike, and now I'm start thinking to replace it with Suzuki OEM one...

seth

I'll be following with interest hope all goes very well with the running in of the cams .
And seeing your AGE table once it's done.
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Andre

Quote from: northern on Monday, 16 April  2018, 05:56 AM
Quote from: Andre on Monday, 16 April  2018, 05:47 AM
I think, it's aftermarket HIFLO air filter.
I have the same on my bike, and now I'm start thinking to replace it with Suzuki OEM one...

I think you are right (after looking at some net pics).

Hooli

In all honesty I can't recall what or where the filter is from, aftermarket sounds correct as OEM prices are mental.

I'll see how this mod goes, if it works I'll stick to cheap ones. If it doesn't I'll have to sell a kidney to buy a real one.

grog

Northern, not usually a white bike fan, even though mine is blue n white, yours looks superb. not  liking white gauges shells but that is picky. beautiful bike.  :hat:

grog

Hooli

Ta Grog.

It run a lot better this morning, still bogs down a touch near full throttle though. Feels kinda fuelly as it pulls harder as I back off a bit, reminds of a blocked high pressure filter. I'll get some injector cleaner as I had a few running issues over the winter.

northern

Thank you, grog.

White gauges shells are white, because they are cheap chines aftermarket ones, and they were painted very badly black when I get my 14. So it was also repainted, according to main paint scheme - white, less blue, little red and some gold :)

Now I have some new ideas, to join look and practicality, but they could be implemented next COLD seasons :)

grog

Hooli, forget about cleaning high pressure filter, drill it out, fit external filter. one of the best, if not the best mod youll ever do. all written on this site. my bike has been brilliant since doing. costs not much, i reckon, dont really know, so many probs i read on here are caused by that restrictive filter. stupid design.

Hooli

That filter is new, it's just how the bike is playing up reminds me of when it was blocked.

grog

Fuel pressure gauge to start with. Next is injectors cleaned. If filter is new, those two give a clean bill of health to fuel system.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk