News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Bit of BluTac on the VIN plate Col, then as Red suggests, just use the Black one for 'Best'  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

KiwiCol

The VIN us still there. Just bung the plate n rego label and wof on the black.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Sweaty

Red Biker

Bad day for me today, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking where did I put the o ring for the fuel pump I cleaned recently, had I put it back on??
Got to the garage this morning and took it apart again and NO O ring  :furious:
ordered a new one at £7 plus £3 postage from Bristol ffs, it weighs about 1gm

Last week I found out my sump bolt had sheared the thread on the oil pan, so today tried to remove the oil pan ready to re thread it and one out of the 20 bolts to do, the one connecting the oil pipes, has sheared, it's gonna be a pig to do as the bike cant be raised at the mo!

Sheesh!
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

seth

hopefully you get it sorted without to much hassle buddy . :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Red Biker

Thanks Seth,
On the plus side had a mail yesterday from the wrappers saying my parts are now ready to pick up  :onya:

seth

today i replaced the middle 2 downpipe-collector box exhaust clamps as they had rotted away the outer 2 are still reslly good so can only think its road crud from the front wheel thats cortided them.
all good and shinny now .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

VladTepes

Yesterday I looked at mine and thought " I rally should put that bloody rear wheel back on..."

I reckon my shoulder and ankle are probably up to me having a crack at riding her again.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Kiwifruit

Is it warm enough to go riding Vlad ?  :whistling:

We are heading for the warmest January on record.

grog

living in same area as Vlad, all i can say is last week was way too hot, this week is perfect. one morning was super cold, 15c, could really feel the chill thru helmet.  :laugh:

Red Biker

Not funny Grog!!
Saturday was effin freezing here, I had to linesman for my sons footie team and came home with trench foot!
It took an hour of soaking my feet in a bowl of hot water before I could think of getting out to the garage!

:thumbs_down:

Andre

Back then, think it was the 14/18 W....W.. winters (at least it feels like that long ago :rofl2: ) for every hour of riding I spent 2 hours in the hot tub.  :cheers:

shanered6

well i started mine today and let him warm up to running temp after not being stared for a couple of weeks , its been to bloody cold here to do much at  -9c and the wind chill is about -14c so the only thing getting my attention on the weekends is the log burner  :thumbs_down:
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

VladTepes

This is why you pommie fools made a mistake sending the convicts here.
Anyone with sense would have moved here and left the convicts behind in England.....

Yeah its been way to hot lately. But I detest sub-zero temperatures, so I'm not complaining too much.

Quote from: grog on Monday, 22 January  2018, 08:57 PM
living in same area as Vlad, all i can say is last week was way too hot,
Isn't that why you got the al-fresco redesign on your house... better airflow?   :whistling: 
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk