Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxbarmy

Quote from: grog on Friday, 29 December  2017, 07:14 PM
Red, so many colours, would do me in. id just choose black, white etc. i get too confused with too many choices.waiting   on new gear lever joints and bush. couldnt wait so yesterday took it off, lubed swivel joints and lever bush. much nicer, will be better again when bits arrive. having battery going flat lately, too much rain to ride one prob, other was i had healtech atre hooked to battery, on all the time. changed it yesterday, power wire reaches thru under lhs of tank to horn connector. a double spade connecter, couple of cable ties, job done. pushed horn on way home, gear indicator goes off, no drama, comes straight back on. hopefully batt prob solved.

I connected my aTRE to the Orange wire (you can either pick this up out of the fuse box, or off the ignition switch in the headlight).
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 29 December  2017, 10:57 PM
Same place I've powered heated grips from Barmy.

Yep, agree, it's a good wire to take power from Andy

grog

Ill look for orange next time. Horn is perfect for gear indicator. Exactly right length for wire. Not many other electric thingos i need, maybe a phone charger. Thanks fellas

Hooli

I finally checked the tyre pressures, 6psi low at both ends. That'll explain why it didn't like corners last time I used it.

black14

New chain and sprockets. A new battery - to replace the 9 year old original that still started the bike but was becoming pretty sluggish on a cold morning (not that we've had any of those lately but I bought the new battery some months ago as I didn't expect it to see out the winter!!). New clutch fluid - for no reason other than the sprocket cover was off and it is so easy to do. And replaced the worn out footpeg rubbers with some nice squishy new ones that have all the ribs!!
:onya:
I plan on living forever - so far, so good!

Red Biker

I currently have the tank off, so using the step by step guide from the downloads on here, I took the fuel pump apart and gave it a a damn good thrashing! tea bag looks like new as well  :hat:

@ Barmy thanks for posting the guide up, couldn't/wouldn't have done it without it  :onya:

Cheers
Red

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

gsxbarmy

Welcome Nigel - Good job done there with that pump!  :clapping:

froudy

I very carefully stepped and worked around my bike as I re roofed the cave it lives in :imrgreen:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Trav Man

After I got home from an outing on the DR350 and fixing the side stand because I broke it during an off whille having a bucket load of fun on it I put new grips on the GSX and also removed the pannier racks as I'm just not using them at the moment.....
Then had a couple of beers to admire the beasts
I've learnt so much from my mistakes that I'm thinking of making some more ;D

Andre

Trav Man

For the boys for when they're pissed :happy1:
Nah just kidding......
It's my daughters as she's just turned 5 and is wanting to learn how to ride a motorbike :onya:
I've learnt so much from my mistakes that I'm thinking of making some more ;D

Andre

Cool  :onya:

How is she coming along with the little beast?

Sweaty

New tyres put on, oil & filter + air filter & waiting for new chain & sprockets to arrive.

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk