News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedy1959

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Sunday, 26 November  2017, 06:41 PM
I guess you are referring to items 5 and 11 on the diagram Simon? Far as I know they are both the same (odd one in stock the other is not - when I had them on mine they were both the same) The nut on your existing bolts will fit the thread area at the bottom, so you don't need those.

I was indeed Dave..
They must be made of platinum..
On those prices my bike must be worth £100,000 !!!

grog

front wheel out for a new front boot. cant believe how dirty calipers/pistons are. only done 2 yrs ago. must be a nightmare on uk roads. we dont have salt etc. only couple of rides in rain. another job on the list.

Red Biker

Hi Grog
Something that can help after every ride certainly here,is get the wheels up and wash Calipers/pads in soapy water and rinse. Just stops the crap building up and burning on 👍

Cheers
Red
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

gsxbarmy

Quote from: grog on Monday, 27 November  2017, 07:18 PM
front wheel out for a new front boot. cant believe how dirty calipers/pistons are. only done 2 yrs ago. must be a nightmare on uk roads. we dont have salt etc. only couple of rides in rain. another job on the list.

Check your rear caliper as well grog, as the crud can build up around the piston and slowing its action down. I used to have my calipers off every 1500 miles max for a good scrub around with brake cleaner to remove the brake dust, as, especially in the front 6 pots, the smaller pistons can start to jam up a bit as the piston are quite close to casting edges.

And mine was only used 99% of the time in good weather!!!!
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Kiwifruit

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 27 November  2017, 10:20 PM
Quote from: gsxbarmy on Monday, 27 November  2017, 09:36 PM
cleaner

What's that mean?  :confused1: :whistling:

Vacuum cleaner, maybe .........
management suggested l try using one....not sure Hooli, sorry not much help.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 27 November  2017, 10:20 PM
Quote from: gsxbarmy on Monday, 27 November  2017, 09:36 PM
cleaner

What's that mean?  :confused1: :whistling:

Brake Cleaning Fluid to remove the Brake dust - but then you knew what I meant haha

Mind you if you have a Black 14 one probably wouldn't need it as the calipers would be colour co-ordinated  :happy1:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

grog

would be good to fit new tyre every month, the ride is so sweet. envy those moto gp blokes, just call in for a newie. my front tyre wore out rhs, road camber n roundabouts i guess. turn in to corners is amazing switching from old to new. nearly 20 th ks, unreal i reckon. in case anyone interested, i use brake cleaner to get rid of sticker glue etc. then a good rub all over with wet n dry. gives me a bit of confidence, never had a slip ever using this method. just my way of doing it.

Kiwifruit

Bit of a gravel road ride gets rid of that release agent pretty quick too.

Snapey

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 28 November  2017, 07:49 PM
would be good to fit new tyre every month, the ride is so sweet. envy those moto gp blokes, just call in for a newie. my front tyre wore out rhs, road camber n roundabouts i guess. turn in to corners is amazing switching from old to new. nearly 20 th ks, unreal i reckon. in case anyone interested, i use brake cleaner to get rid of sticker glue etc. then a good rub all over with wet n dry. gives me a bit of confidence, never had a slip ever using this method. just my way of doing it.

20,000kms out of a front tyre Grog .... no wonder you've never had a slip.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Del

I washed the bike as it was utterly minging - I stubbed my finger a stoater and now its loupin

All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Kiwifruit

grog

Amazing ks eh Snapey. Pretty much double any others. Another Angel fitted. Yeah, Del, translation please.

Hooli

Doesn't even make sense to us a few hundred miles south, no wonder you lot darn under haven't a clue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk