News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Shop had a Roadsmart 111 in stock to match my rear.

RickC

Quote from: Red Biker on Monday, 08 May  2017, 05:00 AM
Awesome ride out👍

Great rally and video Northern.

I only spotted 1 x 14 in the 2017 video but all of the bikes looked well loved.

Basil Brush

Just had MOT. Finally fitted some rim-tape. R&G sectional pieces. And a new pair of tyres - Pirelli Angel GT's.
He who laugh's last - laugh's last...

northern

Quote from: RickC on Monday, 08 May  2017, 08:59 PM
Great rally and video Northern.

I only spotted 1 x 14 in the 2017 video but all of the bikes looked well loved.
@RickC
Videos are not mine. Just from youtube, searching "Eesti mootorrattahooaja avamine" or "Motohooaja avamine" :)
I never had guts to stand on side and look - always was taking a part.

regarding 14... one was mine, and I see one in a line much more in front of me. I see this bike every year, but do not know, who is the owner.
14 is very rare bake in Estonia. For sure less, than 10 in total. And I personally do not know any other 14 owner here.

Once, one a bikers meting, I was standing in drag race line, and guy, twice bigger than me, run to me smiling: "I have a same bike like you do!" he was from Latvia, and was also happy to see a person who have the same bike like he does.  :)
Unfortunately, not much people here appreciate 14 :(

Mrg

Hi guys

Sorry for the absent time by me ,being a bit busy ....
so I've now got the three studs that snapped off., they have now being drilled out and re tapped and cleaned and bolts ran through them to. Check there ok and all I'd good ...... at bloody last I say I don't won't to do that again

So it's time to get on with a few other bit like rear shocks and front oil pipes  might do the forks and brakes while I am at it

But just to let you know how it's going  :onya:  :onya:   :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

seth

good luck buddy hopefully the rest of the work is trouble free and goes quickly
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

T 24

I did do a small service to my 14: New Pilot road 4 GT:s front and rear, new rear wheel bearings, old 5w fork oils changed to 10w oils.
But then: I noticed that my front brake pads are almost totally worn. Ferodo organig pads were worn out in 15 000 km. They were installed same time than new TRW front discks. What next? Back to sintered pads?

gsxbarmy

Quote from: T 24 on Wednesday, 10 May  2017, 04:07 AM
I did do a small service to my 14: New Pilot road 4 GT:s front and rear, new rear wheel bearings, old 5w fork oils changed to 10w oils.
But then: I noticed that my front brake pads are almost totally worn. Ferodo organig pads were worn out in 15 000 km. They were installed same time than new TRW front discks. What next? Back to sintered pads?

Hmm I was never keen on the Ferodo's when I tried them - my preference was SBS Excels, yes a sintered pad, but excellent stopping power, had just a slight edge over the EBC's in the dry and a little more controllable in the wet (in my opinion)
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Mrg

Cheers buddy yes I am hoping to get a move on now that nightmare is over ,, and thank you guys for all the help to cheers  :salute:

Notty

Both the bike and me got wet - Bugger - checked the forecast and no rain forecast - rode 20 miles to the seaside and hadn't checked what the weather was going to be there and it pissed down - thank goodness for the underseat storage was able to get my w/proof leggings out - felt sorry for 2 guys who had just picked up their brand spanking new MT 10's and they got soaked. :bugga:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

stick3

did the f/r brakes pull out  the pads clean the calipers and flushed with fresh brake fluid and did the clutch too.. the pads are good for another couple of years   :boogie: :cheers:

Mrg

hi guys and girls

just a small tip to pass on
when i sprayed my engine front  by the exhust ports i found to save masking the ports off ' the top of pop or drinks  bottles
they fit great  :onya:  :onya:  :onya:

T 24

Hello!
We visited the Susikoski Cafe annual spring meet called Susikoskipäräys. The weather was quite cold(7 deg celsius), but a few bikes was there(over 500 bikes).

Notty

Stripped and cleaned the rear calliper - new SS bolts and EBC HH pads  :smile2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

jack6251

I used Amazon gift vouchers to buy wax and various things to try and bring the bike back to life.

Actually if you're struggling for an idea for a Christmas gift for yourself from someone, ask for online vouchers because you can buy bike gear without spending cash money later when ready.

Anyway, lots of cleaning.
2001 Suzuki GSX 1400

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk