News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Quarter mile?

Started by Shifty, Sunday, 25 August 2019, 04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shifty

Hey guys, anyone taken their bikes down the strip? We all know the 14 isn't a powerhouse but it's still plenty of fun.

My old one ran 11.8@115 stock, basically brand new.

Ran my new one the other night with 75,000km, yoshi 4-1 and yoshi cams, but no tune yet. Managed 1.95 60', 11.3@119, bit of trouble getting off the line cleanly.

Hoping to get a bit of a tune into it and upgrade the clutch and scrape a 10.99.

A bit funny considering my other bike, a ZX12R, ran 10.01@143.7 on a 2.0 60'... but like i said still plenty of fun.

KiwiCol

Mr Nitrous would be able to contribute to this I'm sure.  He's been known to visit the strip with the 14 and others.

@Tony Nitrous
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

I haven't taken the 14 back since I had it set up and was happy with it.

My Gen-1 Busa ran 10.333 stock.

My B-King ran 10.339 stock.

I'm positive my H2 SX will be quicker than either of those.

My 14 (full system, Dyno mapped PC3 etc) get off the line OK but by about 1/8th mile you have grip but not the horsepower it needs.

The last owner took it to the strip and from memory he was one of the faster 14's there on the night.

I haven't been in ages but I really should again.

GSXKING

I would need to take my lift kit off to make a decent time  :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

B-King stock was always low 10's with plenty of ballast to stop wheelspin  :mwink: :mwink: :mwink:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Batkwaka

My best  on the GSX1400 (OEM):

11.607 seconds elapsed time
113.06mph (181.95kph) terminal speed
0.087 reaction time
1.883 seconds 60'
4.850 seconds 330'
7.378 seconds 660'
153.62kph 660' Speed
9.633 seconds 1000'

The 1400 is the first bike I've taken down the strip that has broken traction after I thought it was set for full throttle. Gobs of power down the bottom.
May the sun be warm & shining and your roads be smooth & winding.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: GSXKING on Sunday, 25 August  2019, 07:39 PM

B-King stock was always low 10's with plenty of ballast to stop wheelspin  :mwink: :mwink: :mwink:

Stock as a rock, just run in. No burnouts, street psi in the tyres.
I only removed the mirrors as they kept spinning round annoying me.

Several 10.3's

Bec from MotoAus was running a 9.9 with an identical stock bike.

GSXKING

I still think they could have done so much better with the exhaust cowling on B-King. I ripped mine off as soon as possible and fitted Micron Carbon/Titanium unit.  :boogie:
Chris

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: GSXKING on Tuesday, 27 August  2019, 07:06 PM
I still think they could have done so much better with the exhaust cowling on B-King. I ripped mine off as soon as possible and fitted Micron Carbon/Titanium unit.  :boogie:

I left my cans stock for a while.
I wasn't 100% sure how long I was going to keep it,
and I always like 1 totally legal bike...

... then my wife bought me some legal staintune cans...

northern

I do Drag race once a year, on a anuall local street fighter rally...

my best with oem cams was 11.75, with 186 km/h. But 60FT time was 2.11  :doh:
my best with Yoshi cams was 11.31 with 196 km/h. again 60FT time is huge 2.01  :embarrassed:
but those times were done with bad fueling.

this year, I fix fueling but totally ruin stats.
My best was 11.40 with 197 km/h with 2.17 60FT time...
fastest finale speed was even 199.49 km/h...

I'm sure, bike is capable to run high 10th, but I do not know how to start fast...  :embarassed: 1.80 60FT time should be realistic for 14.
I have to practice more, clutch-slipping starts...

Andre

Never done drag racing but I wonder if using 17/43 sprockets and starting in 2nd gear would be feasible to get better overall time?

GSXKING

@Andre unless you've undercut second gear I wouldn't try launching in second, they are pretty weak. Mine even bent selector arm trying to hold second under extreme load. Hence the undercutting process  :sad: :cry2:. Getting that big lump of a motor out of the frame then flipping it over to access gearbox was an exercise I don't wish to repeat  :whatever: :whatever:
Chris

Andre

Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 29 August  2019, 08:43 PM
@Andre unless you've undercut second gear I wouldn't try launching in second, they are pretty weak. Mine even bent selector arm trying to hold second under extreme load. Hence the undercutting process  :sad: :cry2:. Getting that big lump of a motor out of the frame then flipping it over to access gearbox was an exercise I don't wish to repeat  :whatever: :whatever:

Can you please give more insight on the extreme load that bent the selector arm.

GSXKING

Doing a wheelie from first gear and shifting to second  :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:
Chris

Andre

High rpm in 1st and then shifting into 2nd - not a thing I intend to do again. Hurts my ears and soul too much.

Notty

Quote from: GSXKING on Friday, 30 August  2019, 05:18 PM
Doing a wheelie from first gear and shifting to second  :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:
At your age !! Lol  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk