News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

He's kidding

Started by Snapey, Saturday, 17 August 2019, 08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Does make you wonder how they get their pricing.
As for having another engine fitted it does make you wonder what the real history is.
Seems to me most on here are not touching even the valve clearances before 100k.
Towbar,.....why would you ??
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Sunday, 18 August  2019, 09:10 AM
Well I never knew Sophie was a "Mohican"..
He is selling "The last" of them apparently

S.

The last / latest / final / end of line GSX1400's is a regular topic.

I used to think it was the white and blue AU spec bikes,
but having looked at a few the black AU "08" bikes seem to have later build dates.

Speedy1959

The lack of Valve shim adjustment is a VERY big plus point in my eyes..
My previous (ahem) CB1300 had to be checked every 18,000 miles and would usually require 2 or 3 shims to be changed..
Sophies done about 41,000 miles now and runs absolutely perfectly..
Definitely my favourite bike out of all the ones I have owned.

Notty

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Sunday, 18 August  2019, 09:22 AM
The lack of Valve shim adjustment is a VERY big plus point in my eyes..
My previous (ahem) CB1300 had to be checked every 18,000 miles and would usually require 2 or 3 shims to be changed..
Sophies done about 41,000 miles now and runs absolutely perfectly..
Definitely my favourite bike out of all the ones I have owned.
Glad I was able help reunite you and Sophie - perhaps we could start a bikes reunited thread?   :)
@Speedy1959
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Snapey

I couldn't help myself so I messaged old mate asking if the sale price was a misprint but also suggesting the bike in fact had done 45500kms and it's value at that. Obviously the 38000kms travelled prior to the new engine doesn't count in his eyes evident in his answer. I'm not game to ask why a 38000km engine had to be replaced.

Peter,I have not asked for your opinion nor what you think the value of the bike is... I am just not interested in visitor's opinions. 16K is surely not a misprint, it is my asking price and that's absolutely respectable. The bike has not done 45500 km and your assumption is wrong. The wheels have spun for 38000 km but the New Engine has only done 7,500 km as certified by the Suzuki Dealership themselves. I have displayed a whole list of all new items recently replaced which compensates for the former km's as well as previous service history. Obviously, this bike is not for you and I cannot see the point in wasting your time and mine when I have specifically stated in the Ad that "my asking price is FIRM. Just the fact that I have written it in capital letters excludes any wasted unwanted low-ball offers.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

KiwiCol

Well!,   he might be hanging on to his $16k bike for quite a while then.  Bit of a grumpy bugger by the way he's written that.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Andre

Thank you for wasting this loony's time :onya:

QuoteI have specifically stated in the Ad that "my asking price is FIRM. Just the fact that I have written it in capital letters excludes any wasted unwanted low-ball offers.

He also put NEW in capitals before the engine even though it is obviously not new at 7500 km. Makes it fair to ignore his FIRM.

Irish in Oz

Quote from: Snapey on Monday, 19 August  2019, 07:12 AM
I couldn't help myself so I messaged old mate asking if the sale price was a misprint but also suggesting the bike in fact had done 45500kms and it's value at that. Obviously the 38000kms travelled prior to the new engine doesn't count in his eyes evident in his answer. I'm not game to ask why a 38000km engine had to be replaced.

Peter,I have not asked for your opinion nor what you think the value of the bike is... I am just not interested in visitor's opinions. 16K is surely not a misprint, it is my asking price and that's absolutely respectable. The bike has not done 45500 km and your assumption is wrong. The wheels have spun for 38000 km but the New Engine has only done 7,500 km as certified by the Suzuki Dealership themselves. I have displayed a whole list of all new items recently replaced which compensates for the former km's as well as previous service history. Obviously, this bike is not for you and I cannot see the point in wasting your time and mine when I have specifically stated in the Ad that "my asking price is FIRM. Just the fact that I have written it in capital letters excludes any wasted unwanted low-ball offers.

And you wasted his time and yours making him type out the explanation, he's obviously grumpy like you. :)

Snapey

It didn't take long for old mate to reduce his FIRM price of $16,000. It's yours now for the bargain basement price of $14000 FIRM of course. He's also changed the description saying the engine was changed at 33,000km when he said 38,000km in the original ad.

Look at the new ad but especially the last few paragraphs explaining the engine swap. :confused1: :jack:

Sweaty

You are obviously not the only one who has questioned this moron on his ad, so he has now tried to change it and justify his now New firm price of $14,000 (which is not firm from what he says anyway)  :cheesy: :jack:

If anyone is genuinely interested in the bike, come see it IN PERSON and only then you can make your honest, respectable and fair offer, as long as it is very close to my asking price.

Mister Fishfinger

I think this bloke is missing the point somewhat. The engine is the best thing about these bikes. Change the oil regularly and it will do more miles than the Starship Enterprise. So putting a new one in after 30,000km doesn't really make much difference to a buyer, because the engine will far outlast the rest of the bike - just like the original one would have, if he hadn't knackered it.

Andre

QuoteThe Suzuki Dealership has installed a New Engine but cannot change the electronic display as this would be unethical.

Not only unethical but also illegal.

Snapey

From $16,000 to $14,000 it's now at $10,000 ... FIRM of course.

Sweaty

Haha, just as we expected. Bloody  :jack:

Snapey

Listed on Gumtree now at $8900 & still the same sales pitch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk