News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick_J

Advanced training is always worth doing, I enjoyed my training so much I became an observer and then went on to become a senior observer, couldn't get enough of it.  Enjoy your course.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Mister Fishfinger

I ordered a new washer and circlip for the end of the gear lever. Why? Because my bloody gear lever fell off about 20 miles from home, that's why. I tried to keep it on by jamming my foot against it, but it just kept wiggling off if I tried to change gear so I left it in 3rd.

On the positive side, I discovered that these wonderful bikes are quite capable of covering all legal UK speeds in 3rd, as long as you aren't in a rush to get off the lights.

Maybe Suzuki should have made an automatic version.

Oh, and I also ordered a new battery because it's now resetting the clock every time I start the bike...

Kiwifruit

lnteresting you mention making an automatic Fishy. l have often said the 14 is like an automatic when asked what they are like to ride.
Not far from home we have the Kaimai Range. lts a long gradual haul going from home to the top and a steep decent down the the other side with most turns marked at 55kph. l usually go down in 3rd rarely touching the brakes,  have followed bikes down with their brake light on most of the way. Going up is 3rd gear too.
l love the way they ride. The torque gives the bike long gears.  :smitten:
Pleased you made it home ok Fishy  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

The amount of times I pull away in 2nd as I've forgot to change down when stopping is uncountable. These lumps don't care though & go just as well. They cover our mistakes much better than a horrid revvy spurts thing.

Speedy1959

Some time back I had removed the gear lever to lube the shaft.
I can't have put the circlip back quite right because like Mr Fishfinger my gear lever also fell off. Luckily at that time I was about 2 miles from a car accessory shop and he had a drawer full of various sized circlips. I got one to fit and so could continue on my Sunday ride out.

froudy

I refitted my newly repaired and painted black magneto cover today. Cleaned the bike and applied ACF 50 and tucked it up for the winter...
No more winter commuting for me :imrgreen:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

KiwiCol

That VRS will love icey roads I'm sure!  :whistling:  Better de-tune it for winter   :lol:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Froudy you don't have much room left for Notty to store his purchases before taking them home.   :stir:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Masterbates

Hi folks, been a while.
Over the weekend I managed to fit my Denali Soundbomb under fuel tank.  Really should have taken some photos, just made a basic aluminium bracket and used the two existing holes in behind the steering head.  The two screws that held the original horns on fit perfectly and I had suitable nuts just lying around.
I also just acquired a complete set of ZX14R front calipers and Master cylinder on the cheap for a radial brake upgrade. 

Mister Fishfinger

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Monday, 21 October  2019, 08:14 PM
Some time back I had removed the gear lever to lube the shaft.
I can't have put the circlip back quite right because like Mr Fishfinger my gear lever also fell off. Luckily at that time I was about 2 miles from a car accessory shop and he had a drawer full of various sized circlips. I got one to fit and so could continue on my Sunday ride out.

Yes, I lubed my shaft as well...

Maybe we didn't put them back on correctly, but it's more likely they lost a bit of springiness over the years. Anyway don't forget the washer. There's a washer behind the circlip, which is 12.5mm x 20mm x 1mm according to the parts list.

froudy

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Tuesday, 22 October  2019, 10:15 AM
Froudy you don't have much room left for Notty to store his purchases before taking them home.   :stir:

Thats true :rofl2: :rofl2:..

Next dry day it's all getting pulled out and tidied :onya:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Notty

Quote from: froudy on Tuesday, 22 October  2019, 06:36 PM
Quote from: Kiwifruit on Tuesday, 22 October  2019, 10:15 AM

Thats true :rofl2: :rofl2:..

Next dry day it's all getting pulled out and tidied :onya:
Ho bloody ho - wait til Steve has to hide my new VW in the shed !
:rofl2: :rofl2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

KiwiCol

Fitted a new JT 18T front (for a change from 17) & a mesh seat cover like my quad has. Now just find some time & settled weather to ride the thing.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Suzuki boi

Feck it I'm buying heated grips for the 14.
What Oxford ones should get?
Touring,sports or adventure?
I'm pretty sure it's just different sizes.
Which one fits most snug?

seth

The main difference it the feel of the grips
I like the touring ones I have and they are the intelligent ones very good and very comfortable.
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk