Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Broke it  :thumbs_down:  got to work and one of my mechanics noticed brake fluid pissing from rear caliper, seemed to be coming from the forward bolt that clamps the 2 halfs, so ordered a repair kit, stripped caliper down and gave it a good clean and soak in brake cleaned overnight

Hooli

I can't remember if the square section O-ring that seals the join is at the front or back of them. Odd thing to fail though, I'd expect the bolt has just come loose.

ouch

Quote from: DTTW on Sunday, 14 July  2019, 03:28 PM
@ouch how does the quick shifter work with 14?

Having now done a few rides with quickshifter fitted and adjusted to suit ME, my thoughts are its good, below 3k it has inbuilt factory setting so it doesnt cut in (this can be disabled but means in town it's business as normal) out on more open roads it works fine and works on both up and down changes (this to can also be altered)  I am shall we say hmmmm heavy handed with the throttle and my gsx will be seeing some trackday action so some of the mods im introducing will solely be of track benefit .

northern

Quote from: DTTW on Sunday, 14 July  2019, 03:28 PM
@ouch how does the quick shifter work with 14?
I have Dynojet quick shifter on my 14. It's addition to Power Commandes, and I setup it to engage starting from 5000rpm.
So, on hard acceleration, it's pure fun :)

Bob

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 16 July  2019, 05:03 AM
I can't remember if the square section O-ring that seals the join is at the front or back of them. Odd thing to fail though, I'd expect the bolt has just come loose.

The bolt wasn't loose, the bike had very little use for the past 3 years, perhaps gone hard over time or/and last owner didn't use rear brake?

Hooli

Quote from: Bob on Tuesday, 16 July  2019, 06:59 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 16 July  2019, 05:03 AM

The bolt wasn't loose, the bike had very little use for the past 3 years, perhaps gone hard over time or/and last owner didn't use rear brake?

I'm surprised it leaked then. The seal is always in fluid to stay moist & pretty well sealed in by the caliper. Not doubting you though.

VladTepes

Quote from: ouch on Tuesday, 16 July  2019, 06:00 AM

Having now done a few rides with quickshifter fitted and adjusted to suit ME, my thoughts are its good, below 3k it has inbuilt factory setting so it doesnt cut in (this can be disabled but means in town it's business as normal) out on more open roads it works fine and works on both up and down changes (this to can also be altered)  I am shall we say hmmmm heavy handed with the throttle and my gsx will be seeing some trackday action so some of the mods im introducing will solely be of track benefit .
@ouch
Which quickshifter? The only ones I've seen, that plug into the PCIII, are upshift only.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

grog

This morning was a 4 degree ride, thats cold for here. Quite enjoyed. Bike runs nice in cold. Middle of day was complete wash, chamois off. Polish everything in sight. tyres pumped, chain checked. Oil level check. So nice when clean and checked. Ride home just perfect. Even touched 7k revs. Not as good tomorrow as Ducati needs a run.

ouch

[/quote]
@ouch
Which quickshifter? The only ones I've seen, that plug into the PCIII, are upshift only.
[/quote]
Its manufactured by Starlane i believe Italian ? . Its fully adjustable i can set the parameters to more or less what i want to ,
As a stand alone unit its not wired into my pc11 unit , so i have option of cutting ignition or injectors. Maybe if i was buying one now id have hone dynojet route as there plug and play but i had yhis one and i do like the versatility of it plus i can swap it to bike with carbs which is whst i originally intended to fit to gsxr1100h

VladTepes

Cool, thanks :)

What did I do to my bike today... dropped her off at the dealership who will take it to the crash repair place. :(

Seems I'll likely be without a ride for a fair while because they reckon
"oh yeah it'll take around 10 days max to quote it up, then we get authorisation, then we order the parts if they are available, then we we have them all we start the repairs.... FFS  :furious:

This is why it's important to own more than one bike - and a Honda CX500 which is in numerous boxes is not the answer...

Now would be a good time to buy that DR650... if someone wouid take my missus off my hands coz she would kill me.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

DTTW

Installed dealer switch. I guess you could call it stealth now.

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

DTTW

Thanks kiwicol, took some minutes to figure out that spot. Out of sight, out of mind... :cheers:

Hooli

I went to a local bike night that's just started but seems pretty popular. Then most of us went to visit Druids MC in Sheffield as it's their bike night on tuesdays too. Damn good night out, decent bunch at both places & had a laugh.

I've also booked two weeks off at the end of aug/start of sept. So it looks like I need to do 3k before then to finish off my rear tyre ready for a new one to visit the Alps again & that'll mean it's freshly serviced before going too.

Sweaty

Thought it was time for a new front. Spot on 10,000 km out of it.
Now I have a matching Michelin road 5 front to the rear I was forced to put on when I was stuck with a badly punctured rear on my last big ride.
I have been an Angel Gt fan, and really have not noticed any difference in the rear so far (done 2,000km) on it.
Both tyre are bloody good in my opinion & will probably come down to wear/life for my next change.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk