News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will14

Quote from: Hooli on Sunday, 08 September  2019, 07:20 AM
Blimey, I'd started to think I had the oldest one around! I've had it 12 years & not heard of an earlier one.

Only had this one for eleven months and its the fifth or sixth 14 that I have owned, I intend to hold onto this one and keep it as original as it is today

The downside though is that I found out about six weeks ago that it was a CAT D in 2006 which I wasn't told when I purchased and being silly I took the previous owners word and didn't bother doing a HPI, coincidentally on the MOT for that year and advisory is noted "Front mudguard cracked" it isn't now so must have been replaced. For my own piece of mind I took the bike to a motor engineer who gave it a full check including measuring the chassis and there are no signs of any structural damage and everything checked out fine

Cheers

Pete

Will14

Quote from: Bob on Sunday, 08 September  2019, 07:27 AM
I had a July 2001 Y reg, I thought it was 130,
Sept 2001, 51 reg no331
& Aug 2002 02 reg no570

Mine was first registered in August 2001, but I guess it could have been sat in the supplying dealers for a while. That's got me thinking wouldn't August 2001 = a 51 plate? Either way she has come of age now just having her 18th Birthday 

GSXKING

I've owned mine since October 2001 here is a pic of the plate on the frame. I did 25,000 km's in the first year. I was semi retired for a few years.  :hat:
Now it's done 140,000 + km's and still charging on.  :wheelie:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

mlivkovich

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 08 September  2019, 06:15 AM
Quote from: mlivkovich on Sunday, 08 September  2019, 05:14 AM
What I did to my bike today is I towed it back home. I crashed it last night on 150km trip. Night, rain and slippery road damaged from heavy trucks plus great 14's torque...:imrgreen:

Wife and I slided on road for about 20 meters, not a scratch! :boogie2:
Bike stopped cca 40 meters down the road. We were very lucky! :boogie:

Glad you & your wife came through without a scratch, reckon there'll be some big bruising to come though.  The bike doesn't seem to have come out of it so lightly.  Hope it's not too extensive / expensive & she lives again.  Sad to see them busted like that.

Thank you! I can't believe that we have no bruising, nothing at all! Our gear is also untouched, just few marks on rainsuits are visible, that's all! :smile2:
I cleaned the bike and took a look, she'll need new footpeg, engine cover and oil pressure switch to be on the road again.  :cheers:

KiwiCol

Quote from: Will14 on Sunday, 08 September  2019, 05:50 AM
One of the garage owners little projects

I'm not quite sure from the pic, but is that a kick start on a diesel?  Have to have steel soled boots for that puppy if it is.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Sorry you had an off Mlivkovich. Pleased you and your dearest are ok. Hope she is not too spooked.
Best of luck with the repairs   :cheers:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Will14

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 08 September  2019, 03:50 PM
Quote from: Will14 on Sunday, 08 September  2019, 05:50 AM
One of the garage owners little projects

I'm not quite sure from the pic, but is that a kick start on a diesel?  Have to have steel soled boots for that puppy if it is.

Hi, yes definitely a kick start on it but I'm not sure if the is also an electric start or not, I didn't get much time to speak to the owner as they were very busy with it being a Saturday morning. There must be some sort of decompression system for the kick start otherwise some seriously bruised/broken legs i'm sure unless you just have to learn the knack!

Mick_J

Sad to hear of your off mlivkovich, glad to hear you and your wife are fine and I hope you get the bike fixed quickly.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

I had a day out in the Peaks, was fun & got my brand new front tyre scrubbed in.

The twat on a yellow spurts bike who was pretending to be fast in the bends & getting in the way looked offended when I overtook him as he was mid overtake as I was bored following at such a low pace... never mind eh?

Talking of pace. I'm sure we've had the discussion of where to get a proper airfilter in the UK, the normal pattern ones have too smaller intake hole & tests* last week in Germany showed my 14 isn't passing 150 on the clocks anymore. I blame the filter so want a proper one to replace it. Was the answer Suzuki or was there another aftermarket one that works? (not K&N thanks).

KiwiCol

I'm sure it was the oem one Hooli. I recall Barmy saying it flowed the same or slightly better than the K&N on dyno runs.

kak2222

Well i set about cleaning the bike I bought this week.
Started with chain and sprocket and wheels. Just look at the chain here. Why have a great bike and neglect it tut tut!!! :whatever:

Kiwifruit

OEM was the best Hooli. I purchased a Hi-Flo filter but when time to fit it l found the intake tube was both smaller and longer that OEM.
Genuine one finished up being cheaper too.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Monday, 09 September  2019, 05:39 AM
OEM was the best Hooli. I purchased a Hi-Flo filter but when time to fit it l found the intake tube was both smaller and longer that OEM.
Genuine one finished up being cheaper too.

Aye it's a hi-flo I've got. I cut the intake tube out & it works better, but I think it's still restricting the bike.

Hooli

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 09 September  2019, 04:18 AM
I'm sure it was the oem one Hooli. I recall Barmy saying it flowed the same or slightly better than the K&N on dyno runs.

That's why I don't want a K&N, why pay more for worse performance?

KiwiCol

Quote from: kak2222 on Monday, 09 September  2019, 05:27 AM
Well i set about cleaning the bike I bought this week.
Started with chain and sprocket and wheels. Just look at the chain here. Why have a great bike and neglect it tut tut!!! :whatever:
I'd be binning that chain & sprockets & starting with new.   With that amount of grit in the links, the seals are probably buggered anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk