New bike / Next bike. Poor options.

Started by Tony Nitrous, Sunday, 22 October 2017, 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batkwaka

Took a quick look at the deals on the new Katana but a 12 litre fuel tank is a joke, no way I'd part with the GSX1400 for one.
May the sun be warm & shining and your roads be smooth & winding.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Batkwaka on Saturday, 10 November  2018, 06:08 PM
Took a quick look at the deals on the new Katana but a 12 litre fuel tank is a joke, no way I'd part with the GSX1400 for one.

Yeah. I was looking at a photoshop of one with a few mods, looked a bit more aggressive, but stuff like the tiny tank and the cost of bringing the motors spec up to "entertaining" and the similar GSX-S bikes overall size made me dismiss it.

Tony Nitrous

Australia never got the base model H2-SX,   we only got the "added extras" H2-SX-SE.

Local shop says the new "+" version is looking like being the only one on sale next year. No base model SX or current SX-SE,  just the H2-SX-SE+.

(What ever happened to names like Zephyrs, Ninja's etc, why these stupid Alphabetti Spaghetti names !)

Price is expected to be similar to the current model, and availability is hopefully next Feb.

KiwiCol

Like Fast, Faster & Fastest.     Dear, Dearer or Dearest?   :happy1:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

VladTepes

Yeah the fuel tank on the Katana makes it a completely non-starter for me even if I had the $.

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Wednesday, 14 November  2018, 04:55 PM
What ever happened to names like Zephyrs, Ninja's etc, why these stupid Alphabetti Spaghetti names !

Yes indeed.

More imagination needed in both design (to include practicality) as well as nomenclature.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Tony Nitrous

Just got off the phone to my local H2 dealership. They currently have the SE at AU$34,500.  They said the  2019 SE+ will be listed at AU$38,000.

:confused1: ???

Sweaty

Looking at reviews & specs etc, I'm starting to think the 2018 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer GT is ticking all the box's.
Good mix of fun & touring with panniers & quickshifter as standard as I'm starting to think more about trips away.
Great reviews as well.

Sweaty

This is a nice looking GSX-S at a great price too. Pity there are so many issues with the snatchy throttle on this model. Some seem to be able to sort it, and others are basically selling due to this.

https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/details/2016-Suzuki-GSX-S1000F/SSE-AD-5715606?DistFromLoc=2768&pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-5715606

KiwiCol

Quote from: Sweaty on Monday, 10 December  2018, 06:59 PM
Looking at reviews & specs etc, I'm starting to think the 2018 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer GT is ticking all the box's.
Good mix of fun & touring with panniers & quickshifter as standard as I'm starting to think more about trips away.
Great reviews as well.
Bloke I work with has just recently brought a new MT-09. He loves most it of course, except the seat, just too hard & not enough padding, ya can get an upgraded seat for another grand it was I think he said. I noticed it was quiet & smooth sounding, but also looked 'smallish' with him on it & he's not a big guy, about 70kg wringing wet.  Just what I noticed, I also like the bike, but if I as going new, I'd probably go for an Explorer or maybe the GSA.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Andre

Good he is only 70 kg. 179 kg can be loaded on it. The panniers are 12 kg.  167 kg you can add. Not something for the heavy guy with pillion and luggage.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Sweaty on Monday, 10 December  2018, 07:42 PM
This is a nice looking GSX-S at a great price too. Pity there are so many issues with the snatchy throttle on this model. Some seem to be able to sort it, and others are basically selling due to this.

https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/details/2016-Suzuki-GSX-S1000F/SSE-AD-5715606?DistFromLoc=2768&pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-5715606

I don't mind the 1000F.   
All the GSX-S owners I've met have got the fueling fixed.

My view on the GSX1000 range is whilst they are certainly good bikes, they don't do anything brilliantly.
Not a high performance bike, not a big fuel tank, not brilliant for pillions and luggage, not high tech, not dirt cheap.  I do like them and see why folk buy them but they just come across as yet another of that type.   I'd imagine that it would be a very good bike to own and live with, it's just not something I get excited about.

Kiwifruit

Also cast my eye over the MT09. Not having sat on one but feel we have been spoiled with the room we have on the 14. The boss says she sits with her hands in her lap much of the time, dont think that could happen on the MT09. The real test would be, could she carry a box of beer (low carb, low alcohol) with the bike already fully loaded.  :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Sweaty

Always good to get others feed back and views  :onya:

The seat is one of the issues addressed for the 2018 model onwards and does look a lot more comfortable (looks can be deceiving though:)

https://www.cycleonline.com.au/2018/09/03/upgraded-2018-yamaha-tracer-900-models-land-in-dealerships/

I wouldn't blow that much on a New one, but just thinking if it is a bike to keep an eye on for a low km used one next year sometime.

Tony, I do like the look of the 1000F once it has been touched up and would also think about that if I knew the previous owner had the fueling issues sorted.
The reality is, I am only just dreaming really, but would only be after a good all rounder, not that concerned with high performance or pillion etc, but the luggage side would be an issue.

Thanks for the input boys.

Kiwifruit

Well l did speak to the bloke at Suzuki. He said "you don't need a bigger bike, just loose some weight you fat bastard" as for the fuel tank..... l didnt even go there  :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Sweaty

:rofl2:
It's just the cut & colour of your shirt Col, swap shirts with your new mate  :whistling:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk