News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Bloody Poser.

Started by Kiwifruit, Sunday, 03 March 2019, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Went to a round of the New Zealand Championships yesterday at Hampton Downs Motorsport Park. Late in the day I am wandering around the pits looking for the food cart when I see a display stand for Pro Rider Motorcycle Rider Training.
Done two Training Courses and a couple of Track Days with them. I sat down with one of the directors and was speaking with her when one of her instructors came and joined in the conversation before asking me what bike I ride.
Having spied one of their laminated promo leaflets with a familiar photo printed on it laying on the desk I said "THAT" pointing to the bike on the leaflet. Oh nice he says......pleased you said that, that's me  :rofl2:

'A legend in my own lunchbox'
Guess I will have to get my people to talk with their people about copyright and royalties issues.....lol.
Made my day seeing my shiney scooter being used to promote their business.....I know. Poser !!

Anyway the director told me about the bloke who modified this R1 at the end of his FIRST lap at a Pukekohe track day I  attended took them to the 'Occupational Health and Safety Tribunal' and made life very difficult for them, because he said one of the Instructors had told him to follow him. Don't recall seeing an Instructors bike looking like the R1.
ps. just looking at that photo again, check out the rear axle adjusting block.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Sweaty

Nice Col  :onya: you might have to hit them up for royalties ;)

grog

Well done Col. Hit them up. Now, any old Cleo mags that you might be on? :rofl2:

Kiwifruit

No Grog. Closest might be a 'Wanted' poster
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk