rear shocks

Started by longo, Wednesday, 17 April 2019, 06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longo

hi all reckon this has been asked already but is there anyone who can refurbish the original rear shocks on the 1400
                                 thanks for looking
                                            steve

gsxbarmy

Speak with Maxtons, probably your best option, as they can manufacture parts if needed - spares for the standard shocks have been rare for a number of years now

https://www.maxtonsuspension.co.uk/
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

seth

Have a look at this thread too
Might help
You don't say what's wrong but it they are leaking from the adjusters you can strip them and rebuild them yourself .
http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=130.0
There are other threads on the same subject as the rear shocks gave been a weak park if the gsx1400
Good luck .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

longo

Quote from: longo on Wednesday, 17 April  2019, 06:52 AM
hi all reckon this has been asked already but is there anyone who can refurbish the original rear shocks on the 1400
                                 thanks for looking
                                            steve
are Hagon shocks any good just found a pair which fit the bike new pair £165 or them Chinese shocks which seem a bit on the cheap side value somebodies opinion
not mechanically minded me
                                     steve 

seth

Hagon's are good shocks hagon nitro's are even better on the gsx1400.
I wouldn't go for cheap Chinese suspension units as they don't get good reports on any bike or seam to last very long either.

Good luck with your search
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

gsxbarmy

Quote from: longo on Wednesday, 17 April  2019, 11:24 PM
                                 thanks for looking
                                            steve
are Hagon shocks any good just found a pair which fit the bike new pair £165 or them Chinese shocks which seem a bit on the cheap side value somebodies opinion
                                     steve

If they are Hagon Nitro's then £165 a good price, if they are not then they are expensive for what they are. As @seth says, Hagon Nitro's are a good option (and if you need to check length, standard length of shocks are 330mm)
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Notty

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Thursday, 18 April  2019, 01:56 AM
Quote from: longo on Wednesday, 17 April  2019, 11:24 PM
                                 thanks for looking
                                            steve
                                     steve

If they are Hagon Nitro's then £165 a good price, if they are not then they are expensive for what they are. As @seth says, Hagon Nitro's are a good option (and if you need to check length, standard length of shocks are 330mm)
Nitros are £379 - likely these are basic with limited adjustment  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

turner

Hello Longo,
you could try this guy , he has done some real good jobs on my mates shockers, including Triumph Adventure , BMW Gs.
www.pro-action.com or phone 01977 672400. Based in West Yorkshire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk