News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

1400 on eBay uk

Started by Bob, Friday, 20 July 2018, 06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

700 miles from new :onya:
I'm winning bidder so far @ 3k  :boogie: But.....
How much will it sell for, I think £6700

Kiwifruit

Drink up Bob, hit that bid button.........you can own it.

Ask Stoli about his bidding strategy, he had success one evening ..............  :whistling:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

seth

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Friday, 20 July  2018, 06:15 AM
Drink up Bob, hit that bid button.........you can own it.

Ask Stoli about his bidding strategy, he had success one evening ..............  :whistling:

:facepalm: :doh:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

seth

What year is it ?
What colour is it ?
It's it's an older model with such a low mileage could be a few hidden problems from not being run .
Hopefully somebody buys it and uses it .
:cheers:

Sethbot Postwhore

Notty

I missed that one - go for it  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

shanered6

Ye i saw it couldn't believe it ... i mean ... 700 miles !! ... as close to new as you will ever get .
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

gsxbarmy

Quote from: seth on Friday, 20 July  2018, 06:26 AM
What year is it ?
What colour is it ?
It's it's an older model with such a low mileage could be a few hidden problems from not being run .
Hopefully somebody buys it and uses it .
:cheers:

According to description its 2003 - yet in the first picture it shows it with a K2 tank, but the close up picture of the tank (picture 2) is that of a K3 tank....?????
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-GSX1400-700-miles-from-new/253759933342?hash=item3b15454b9e%3Ag%3AbiUAAOSw~TNbTw9q&_sacat=422&_nkw=gsx1400&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l2632.R2.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xgsx1400.TRS0

I have posed the question to the buyer to explain! I think the picture of the K2 (first picture) is not that of the bike you are buying but one he's got from elsewhere.

Something is wrong, that's for sure.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

seth

Sethbot Postwhore

gsxbarmy

So I've had a reply back - apparently the first photo is wrong - it should show a K3 not a K2 and advises that the picture will be changed tomorrow.

Which now begs the question where the K2 picture came from......... :whatever:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

shanered6

ITs a scam !!! .... seen a few similar before .... in my experience if its to good to be true then it usually  is ! .... i mean why would you buy a brand new bike and then not use it  :confused1: and lug it round as you move over the years or just leave sat in the shed for years ... it dont make sence  :whatever:
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

KiwiCol

Yeah, that sounds right & would explain the 2 different pictures.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

I've seen issues with genuine new or very low mileage old bikes.

Many also need a fair bit of work.

Some work well but others really don't like being sat that long once they have had some use.

I thought it'd just be tyres, fluids, brake and clutch lines etc, but I've seen a near new 2 stroke that needed an engine rebuild, and another that went though several parts pretty quick when it went into use.

I'd love to buy it at the right price, but then I'd buy any big Suzuki at the right price, on fire, under water, driven over...  :grin:

Sweaty

Yep, sounds very dodgy to me.
So no full photo of the actual bike & from what I can see, the tank has damage & it looks in pretty poor condition. Not what I would expect from a bike that has done 700 miles.

froudy

Less than 10 miles from me at Usk..
To me it doesn't look to be in very good condition. Mind you, if it's been sat in a barn all those years then it won't be.
I'd be very wary of buying it unless the price was cheap. Standing around for years not being used won't have done it any good at all.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

KiwiCol

I think this bloke has found a way to reset / flash the speedo.  Take a look at the last pic, you can see corrosion around the edge of the clocks, on the chrome bit, but more importantly, look at the area around the set / reset black button, you wouldn't get wear like that if it's not been used.  Can't say it doesn't show 700 miles though, cause it does.

Just read he kept it in a barn, so could be a damp barn which would give the corrosion. Dunno about the wear by the button though.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk