News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suzuki boi

Picked this up in Lidl today.
Only €7 .  :onya:
Looks very handy for my phone

IMG-20190825-163652" border="0 IMG-20190825-163641" border="0 IMG-20190825-163524" border="0

stick3

wash the bike and clean, lubed the chain and brake. clutch handles ready for a another summer :boogie:

Speedy1959

Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 20 August  2019, 07:54 AM
Quote from: Speedy1959 on Tuesday, 20 August  2019, 07:37 AM
Dusty
As I found out when renewing my sprockets you WILL need an impact driver.
I enden up buying one from Screwfix.
It removed the sprocket bolt in 5 seconds !!
Did you still have the chain on at that stage & lock up the rear brake? or did it just take it off without restraint of the sprocket?
@Speedy1959

Col
Chain was still on with bike in 1st gear to add a bit off resistance..
Believe me, I was bloody amazed at how easily the nut came off with the "Rattle" gun!
I cant remember if I had her on the side stand of not..

Speedy1959

I finally got around to wiring in the Tom-Tom I splashed out on recently..
For simplicity I wired to the horn via a piggy back spade connector and used one of the coil mount bolts for the earth wire..
The photo is a bit distorted..It isn't actually a 9" Tom-Tom !!

Bob

Be careful taking that sprocket nut off, a (knowledgeable) friend of mine used a 1/2" breaker bar with a scaffold pole on my EFE to free it, I swear he damaged the sprocket bearing as I could hear a  whine from that area that was not there before, an impact gun is the way forward.
Speedy that sat nav is almost as big as my telly  :lol:

KiwiCol

Did you consider a RAM ball mount?  They're very good.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Speedy1959

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 26 August  2019, 03:53 PM
Did you consider a RAM ball mount?  They're very good.

Hi Col,
Yes its attached to a RAM ball mount which is attached into 1 of the 4 handle bar mount bolts..
I chose the lower Right so its further away from the speedo..
I used to own an old Tom-Tom Ryder some years ago.. The new one I have has a MUCH brighter screen..
One very good feature is its ability to connect wirelessly to the PC and update.. I use the "TomTom My Drive" program to plan a route on the PC.. You then have the option to "Send to you device"..
Brilliantly simple and works extremely well. After all its far better to plan a decent ride from the luxury of a PC's large screen..

S

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

GSXKING

Chain thoroughly cleaned lubed and adjusted looks like it will need replacing soon along with sprockets (40,000km roughly). Draining oil overnight and letting oil cooler drain.  :onya: :onya:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Speedy1959

Spur of the moment decision as its stopped pouring down..
I renewed All Brake and Clutch fluid...
Front brake was getting "creaky".. Last time I owned Sophie I changed the fluid because the same thing happened..
Smooth as silk now..
Took me under an hour in total !

GSXKING

Took both (White) wheels out thoroughly cleaned them (old glue from previous weights  :doh:) in preparation for new tyres Monday. The $401 special on Michelin Pilot Road 5's  :onya:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Bob

Quote from: GSXKING on Sunday, 01 September  2019, 08:09 PM
Took both (White) wheels out thoroughly cleaned them (old glue from previous weights  :doh:) in preparation for new tyres Monday. The $401 special on Michelin Pilot Road 5's  :onya:
Has anyone tried ceramic coating white wheels or even black ones?

Hooli

Quote from: Bob on Monday, 26 August  2019, 03:52 PM
Be careful taking that sprocket nut off, a (knowledgeable) friend of mine used a 1/2" breaker bar with a scaffold pole on my EFE to free it, I swear he damaged the sprocket bearing as I could hear a  whine from that area that was not there before, an impact gun is the way forward.
Speedy that sat nav is almost as big as my telly  :lol:

Did you replace with an OEM sprocket? the plastic guide around it is designed to stop that whine from the chain, most aftermarket ones don't have it.

I'd be amazed if your mate damaged it like that, after all the full force of moving a 14 is applied that that bearing as a sideways load when you crank the throttle open & it pulls against the top run of the chain.

Hooli

I ordered mine a new front tyre, seems like Angel STs last about 10k miles with me using them. Much more life, grip & feel than PR4 GTs. This one has done 11k & the last 1k with no tread got interesting when it rained on the way home...

I've just got back from a week in europe. I left a week last friday, went to the Alps, it was going rain for last weekend so I went to Croatia for a day.

I was getting annoyed with stuff after losing my phone when riding, it's somewhere between the Dolomites & Solvenia, plus the front tyre went so I came home early. No point paying for hotels when you're not enjoying yourself.

I need to track down the loss of power, it rides fine up to about 6-7k but runs out of grunt in top. I suspect the aftermarket airfilter or the high pressure fuel filter currently. It was most frustrating on the way home when I decided to play with a Audi on the unresticted autobahn, my 14 would only show 150mph (135mph on the GPS) when it's always done 163mph on the clocks. Pulls fine to that point, but just stops accelerating hence I suspect air or fuel. It's running a lot sweeter & smoother after doing a whole tank of fuel like that, I reckon it's cleaned the injectors etc  :lol:

3,328miles in 9/10 days, I left the friday afternoon & got home at 6:30am today. It's now about 700 mile short of the 140k (miles) mark, so I think it's fully run in at last. The run home from Innsbruck was done in one go, avoiding motorways for about half of it. I dunno what these Iron Butt idiots are on about when they say it needs planning & prep, I did 950miles by just not stopping except for the ferry, fuel & a Bratwurst with chips.

Just sorting pics (what I have left as most were on my phone) for the rideout thread.

Irish in Oz

Angel GT go off very quick when getting on in mileage, Snapey myself and others did a ride to the Victorian Highlands I knew the k's involved thought my front would be Ok for the journey. Well not even half way in and my front tyre was scrubbed well enough I backed right of. That was the GT which give better mileage I had about 3 sets of GT/2 since then. I had a couple of sets of ST previous.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk