Steering damper fitting help

Started by Gkjnr, Sunday, 20 May 2018, 09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latty66

Hi gk i run thug yokes also there desinged to slide through to hight for the forks and if you look under the bottom yoke the 2 bolt holes for the standard light and brake splitter is where the hyperpro bracket bolts to the other half bolts to the 2 bolts on the oil cooler like northerns i have mine set up as follows
Forks slide through 30mm from top
Bottom of head stock to floor 700mm
4 rings out
8 cilcks fron soft on top
3 clicks out on bottom
Front tyre 36 psi
Ground clearance 125mm
Tail end from floor to seat cowl above light 1030mm
Tear tyre 38psi
Wheel base is 1600mm due to single side swing arm being longer than standard by 80mm .
Your wheelbase will be shorter than standard due to rake and trail changes made by the yokes this will affect the geometry . At the moment i have no damper on and its quite stable till you start getting over 120 iv been to 135 on the clock a few times and only picked up a slight weave once . Is your problem any where from 70 on dose it feel like it wants to tank slap

Gkjnr

Its actually no too bad, i just felt it kinda falls into bends, im used to a gsxr1000 k7 with renthal bars and obviously its a lot lighter and has a steering damper as standard, i fancy the hyperpro one if it fits or a sidemount if anyone has details on that setup? I just need to know what to buy lol
Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk