News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

1400 Owners Life Today ( The 'What did you do today?' thread)

Started by grog, Thursday, 21 June 2018, 09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Today i cleaned out my 1/2 of the shed. Even vacuumed spiders webs, ant mess etc.  Threw out some surplus crap id collected. Job well done.

Andre

Test drove a used Yamaha WR125X that my best mate wanted to buy for his son who turns 16 in a couple months. Checked out well, so I rode it to it's new home. Hard to find one like this in such great condition.

grog

Good fun riding little bikes for a change. I used to look after a fleet of driving school bikes. About 12 of 250/400 Yamahas. You wouldnt believe how many footpegs, levers and mirrors ive repaired. Great fun.

Hooli

I rode to Bromyard & saw loads of great cars being loud & raucous in a small town. No pics as I carried my camera all day & just didn't bother to use it, but the Ultma, Astons & pre-war Bentleys where the best things there.

Tony Nitrous

I seem to be accumulating holiday hours and rostered days off hours a bit quicker than I'm using them. I have a spare 26 days banked at the moment.

So.... started work at 5:30, did 20 urgent cars, finished at 9:30am.

Im now lay on the sofa with a cold drink, some snacks, and I'm about to start binge watching series 3 of Z-Nation. 

Seriously considering doing 4 day weeks for a month or 2 if the weathers nice. Avoid the weekend traffic, tourists and cops and get some miles in.

KiwiCol

Good idea.  Maybe make it a 3 day week & 4 day weekend, even better!
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Mick_J

And me, it's great being retired, and I havent lost the urge  :whistling:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

Still working, i like my job. 28 weeks sick pay, 36 weeks holiday owing.

Snapey

I picked up two large Brownbuilt cabinets full of new milling cutters, drills, reamers, taps, boring bars, ISO40 holders & collets to go with the turret mill I just bought. All at bargain prices so you can say I'm rather pleased.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

gsxbarmy

NOTHING TO DO, ALL DAY TO DO IT - That's my retirement motto.

(then the wife says can you fix.....LOL)
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Tony Nitrous

Some mates are planning their annual meet ups for this year.

Theres one later in the year at Cooma NSW. It's not until November.   I just checked, my front door to the pub is 1360K's, about 845 miles, that's if I do the boring route and don't throw in any detours.

I don't need to decide yet, but it'd either be a test of endurance just going there and back for a feed and a night out, or if I took in all the good roads on the way it'd be a bloody big ride!     

Daughter is only another 620K's (320 miles) further on in Melbourne if I carry on down to visit her, but then it's nearly 2000K (1240 miles) home shortest route.

Going to have a night with mates and visit Zoe could easily be a 2500+ mile ride.

We are already doing an over night run to do the Oxley Hwy, and another over night run to the pub at 1770 / Agnes Waters later in the year.

Depending on if / when I go overseas this year I may take some time off for a road trip or 2. 

VladTepes

Well today the weather is perfect so I did a ride up and over Mt Mee. Did the hotmix several times good one really good traffic free run in.
Forgot to take any photos to show off our perfect weather though.
Too busy having fun.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

grog

Yeah, a perfect day. Did an hours run on Diavel then did same on 14. Same roads even. I sure know which one rides the bumps better.

GSXKING

Had a quick trip to Kyogle via the Lions Road and back via Uki. This lookout is on the road between Kyogle and Uki. The rest of the trip was to Chillingham via Tyalgum. Fantastic day weather wise too. :onya: :onya:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk