Anyone having forum issues? (speed, posting etc)

Started by VladTepes, Sunday, 10 June 2018, 03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedy1959

Ivwas going to press the "like" button...
oh dear... I can't !
:grin:

Aldi

Hi, I posted in the new members section to introduce myself yesterday, looks like my post has disappeared.

Al

seth

I do remember you saying hello seams a few posts have gone missing.
Glad is on it tho I think
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

VladTepes

Attention

OK well I have adjusted things and everything SHOULD be OK now.

If you have any issues try logging out, clear cache and log back in.

Please let me know if you have any further problems.
- like button not present
- inability to upload pictures
- things taking ages to happen / hanging / not posting.

@Aldi  I'm not sure - the things that were wrong should NOT have made any existing posts disappear. Is it still gone, or has it reappeared.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Hooli

I can haz a like button again, not that I ever use it.

Jeykey

Aldi

The post has still gone, and my post count reset, it definitely posted tho   :confused1:   I'll repost  :grin:

VladTepes

That does strike me as very odd, I'm unsure why that would or could have happened. :whatever:
Which annoys me because I hate NOT knowing things. :)

Hopefully it's a one off issue.

Let me know if you have nay further dramas.

Cheers  :onya:

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

seth

All seams good now mike  :onya:
It went wrong almost as soon as barmy went on holiday so I'd blame him  :stir:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

gsxbarmy

@VladTepes - whilst I was away, I had a couple of mails sent directly to me by members indicating that a few posts had disappeared, I also notice there are a few comments in threads on here, where I've been going through all the postings this morning (now I'm back from Switzerland). So something happened during the "weirdness" that went on with access - but no idea what. The number of threads lost seem quite limited, so it would seem to have happened over a very short period of time I think.

Somehow though from reading the above, I doubt we'll ever know - but all seems good now
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

VladTepes

Somehow the directories changed, which I thought should only have affected the theme (and avatars, smileys etc).

It may (evidently did) affect some or all posts during a period between when "something" happened and when I fixed it.

This left me with two options
1. Leave it. Result as we have seen, a few posts made during that period disappeared into the ether.  OR
2. Restore database to the previous days backup. This would also have lost posts, and quite a few more than option one.

So I just left as is.

Apologies to anyone who was affected for any inconvenience.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

ARH

Vlad... I think you guys in Admin do a great job and I don't think the issue of a few lost posts is a biggie... Im not so sure many are in a desperate rush to be cleaning the exec bog anyway!  :rofl2:

T250

Finding that I have to log in twice, first attempt fails saying error  :confused1:

gsxbarmy

Quote from: T250 on Wednesday, 20 June  2018, 07:56 PM
Finding that I have to log in twice, first attempt fails saying error  :confused1:

What device are you trying to login on T250? I find that what you are saying often happens when I try to log in on my iPad, but hardly ever (never?) on my PC
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

T250

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Wednesday, 20 June  2018, 08:43 PM
Quote from: T250 on Wednesday, 20 June  2018, 07:56 PM

What device are you trying to login on T250? I find that what you are saying often happens when I try to log in on my iPad, but hardly ever (never?) on my PC

On my PC running Linux, its only started doing it after the issues last week...ish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk