News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

I got lucky !

Started by Chrisl, Tuesday, 15 October 2019, 07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisl

Thankfully I have managed to pick up my K4 in red and black now, the lucky bit is that it has only done 2800 dry miles.
When I went to view it last week I could instantly see that it was clean but wanting to play it cool I didn't look too close, the gut feeling was there straightaway.
The mot history checked out with the service history(in early years) and I couldn't see a reason not to buy it once a reasonable price was agreed.
Only a few issues, the casings are in the usual condition and the fork legs will need painting in due course and the engine was missing on one cylinder. When started from cold it sounded a bit like a lawnmower.

Got the bike home last Thursday and At the weekend changed the plugs, air filter,drained the old fuel ,replacing with super duper stuff and now it runs sweetly.
It's been pissing down ever since so not had the chance to get out but I'm sure things will Ben just great.
Oh and mot passed too.

Chris L

Kiwifruit

Nice find Chrisl. Sweet looking bike. Enjoy  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

seth

only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Chrisl

More pics, bit boring but will have better ones when it stops bloody raining !
Chris L

Chrisl

Yes a good day indeed, especially as I had agreed to buy another k4 ,same colour  with  16500 miles on it , from a dealer £800 more than I paid for this one !

I made my excuses and declined the deal unashamedly ..
Chris L

Bob

Nice find Chris, I'm not keen on the silencers but easy enough to swap  :cheers:

Chrisl

Bob, I agree. Carbon can Co have quoted me £40 each to reskin them in stainless which I didn't think was bad, mate of mine said they made the bike look like something out of Michael Jackson's Thriller video Lol

Btw Milts , I still have to get over to you to look at your Std exhausts  - not forgotten, just been busy with work.
Chris L

Sweaty

Speedy1959

Hi Chris
Great to meet you in person last week.
Sophie says you got THE best colour !
I actually bought mine because at that time I had never seen a Black/Red but several mates had Blue/Whites. 
An excellent find mate that's literally not run in yet !!
I recommend a decent long ride to clear out the cobwebs.

grog

Nice bike mate, very nice. Not knocking at all, just my thoughts, others often disagree. Not liking cans, red bars or red grab rail.I would have shiny all three. You can tell me to get knicked if you want. Nice bike, minor details, your bike, do it your way.

GSXKING

@grog if he's going to go that far he may as well paint it FAST Blue and White  :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir:

P.S. Chris a very nice bike. I'd be curious as to why so few miles/K's on it  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Blubber

Nice find  :onya:

enjoy the 14  :cheers:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

T 24

Nice bike with nice mileage :cheers:

Notty

Great find !! my K5 had 1900 miles on it when I bought it in 2016 and despite the low miles and age  there were no problems due to lack of use  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

seth

When I brought my red/black k5 it had only done 6400 miles at 13years old the only problem was the tyres that looked great were also old and had gone off .
2 new tyres and a service later I've never looked back the bikes now at 27000 miles 3 years later without a hitch .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk