Staying login

Started by northern, Monday, 20 August 2018, 09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northern

I do not know, is it user or server side issue, but browser is not keeping my user logged in for months, like it was before. For last few days, I have to login every day.
This is happening on both - my PC and phone.

Any changes were made with  server (cookies) settings?

ARH

Northern...no issues with staying logged in on either my pc or ipad... so I would guess its not a server issue.

seth

Same here all seams ok hope you find what's causing it and get it sorted asap.
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

northern

Hm...  :confused1:
Will keep monitoring the situation, and trying to find out the sequence. Thx for feedback.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: northern on Monday, 20 August  2018, 09:46 PM
Hm...  :confused1:
Will keep monitoring the situation, and trying to find out the sequence. Thx for feedback.

Northern if it persists, let @VladTepes know  :onya:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Delete your cookies for this site on your PC, you can get this if one becomes corrupted.

VladTepes

No, no server changes have been made to my knowledge; certainly none that should affect that.

Try what Hooli says, then next time you login (and check the stay logged inbox) you should be good.

It is a bit odd that the same is happening on your server and phone.  I'd suggest log out from both
devices, then delete cookies and cache on both, then log in again.

Let me know how you get on, in this thread is probably best.

Also if anyone else if having that problem please shout out :)
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

northern

My main browser for personal usage is Chrome.
I have 3 windows PC's in use (home, office, laptop), and Android phone. I looked and find, what on one of my PC's gsx1400owners.org had 2 different cookies. Anyway, I delete all of them, on all my devices, and will hope it will solve the situation.  :hat:

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

northern

@VladTepes
I think I know, what happens:
I was on holiday's, and there was slow internet and not the best phone firmware (one of the first Android 8 for my phone - now it's updated).
Using my phone to read forum updates, I was impatient, and it's possible, I accidentally was hitting logout button, which is on mobile site, aproximattely at same place, where forum dedicated shortcut is located on my phones home screen.

Seems like this forum is working this way - if you are logged out on one device, it ask you to also login on other devices... So the problem was totaly on my site :)

Again, this is my theory, but I cant find any other explanation  :)

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk