News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

New bike / Next bike. Poor options.

Started by Tony Nitrous, Sunday, 22 October 2017, 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 02 February  2019, 06:26 PM
Tony, cant find any tests on 1600, you have mates with them. what is their opinion?

One went back to Suzuki who I think still owned it, it was a feature bike in RAPID magazine and had write ups in the mag. Someone I knew was writing for the mag at the time.

The other is in Perth. It's now a full on dragbike, Built as a tribute to Jeremy, another ASF member who died on his GSX14 on the way to one of our meets.

Both have been in various magazines and might be somewhere online.

I'll see what I can find.

Tony Nitrous

VladTepes

I'd love the PTR treatment for my 14 too, but $10.5K is a metric shitload of cash, that I can't afford.

Be fun though :)
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: VladTepes on Monday, 04 February  2019, 02:13 PM
I'd love the PTR treatment for my 14 too, but $10.5K is a metric shitload of cash, that I can't afford.

Be fun though :)

It's only a bit over half the price of another new Busa.

It's only about half and the price difference between a Busa and a H2 SX SE+.

It's much less than a third of the price of a H2 SX SE+.

It's sounds almost cheap when you put it like that... grab a bargain!

grog

Makes it sound cheap Tony. Wouldnt get too much new for that with 14 traded. Workmate been searching/riding for a new bike. He found a 12 mth old Yam mt10, owner injured, cant ride any more, car crash. 4 th ks, not a mark. Comfort seat fitted, full RG crash stuff, Heated grips, Full Akra, power commander with dyno sheet. Tyres changed to Rossos, $14g. I reckon he got a bargain, he does also.

Tony Nitrous

Yeah. The MT10 are probably the best of the Jap naked.
A few mods are they are even better.

That would be a good set up for $14g.

Globalrider

Thanks ! that is good to know!! Now WE have a an NA Club!!!! :grin: :rolleyes:

Quote from: VladTepes on Friday, 01 February  2019, 01:49 PM
@Globalrider

Stan,

Sorry to break it to you, but ...

Quote from: Globalrider on Sunday, 27 January  2019, 01:28 PM
I was looking for a new GSX1400 but sadly I'm the only one in North America Canada with one a 2003! :rolleyes:
:hat:
Stan

Yours is not the only 1400 in North America.
I was contacted by someone in the yoo ess ay who has one in Kansas.
I pointed him our way so hopefully we'll see him here.
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Tony Nitrous

VladTepes

It'd be good if Suzuki would offer it as a factory product, but as GSXR prices.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: VladTepes on Tuesday, 12 February  2019, 01:46 PM
It'd be good if Suzuki would offer it as a factory product, but as GSXR prices.

Maybe they will... fingers crossed.

They dicked around and dragged their feet for years and didn't build the B-King after showing the concept version at shows. Lazareth in France started making them using Gen-1 Busa's as a base. Then Suzuki started building them. I quite like the Lazareth version. Full size Busa tank not the B-King stupid 16.5ltr one too.

Suzuki would rather wait a few years, add a smaller fuel tank, drop the horsepower and raise the price....  :facepalm:

grog

Tomorrow bloke at works MT10 arrives. Really looking fwd to a ride. The looks, not sure, very modern. The rest, i reckon id like one. Apparently seat is terrible, this one has so called comfort seat fitted, should be ok. Tests rave about low down grunt, will let you know. Figures say that 14 has 94 ft lbs @ 5000 rpm, mt10 has 81 @9000. Diavel i ride, has 96@8800, Diavel needs to be spinning up in revs, but then just powers on. 14, as we know, will pull from any revs, any gear, just runs out of breath. 14 is much better ride in day to day stuff than Diavel, cant wait to try MT10. Excited. 63 year old in a beer hall, thats me.  :boogie:

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

grog

Today sampled mt10. amazing bike. looks much better for real than pics. stops, handles, goes, comfy, right size for me. this one cheats a bit, full akra with tune, a bit more power. has grunt from low revs, just like a 14, but top end is rocket ship stuff. would love some analoge gauges on it. old skool me. no helmet lock, not pillion friendly. sounds nice with akra. quick shifter worked well, something ive not tried b4. totally impressed, looks will cause comment but so nice bike i wouldnt care. the yamaha quality is something suzuki should study, way better. best new bike ive tried in last 10 yrs. ive tried lots.

Tony Nitrous

I see the MT-10 as the best of the Jap naked bikes and the nearest thing to a proper Jap Sports Naked bike.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk